Re: file names being changed

Seems that the file renaming is a deliberate change Sandisk made. Their reply as below:

Dear Ken,

Thank you for contacting SanDisk Global Customer Care and providing us the feedback. I understand your concern.

Please be informed that in the latest iXpand Drive app release we have changed the functionality of manual file copies. When a file is copied the file name will be changed. This is not a bug, this functionality change was by design. We will share your feedback with the product team. We strive to improve our products and functionality and your feedback is extremely valuable.

Please reply to this email should you require further assistance. We are glad to help!

Best regards,
Matt T.
SanDisk® Global Customer Care

Very disappointed and very curious to know if their R&D can explain the benefit of this change.
Highlighted

It is not a problem. That is the nature of free enterprise. I simply purchased another brand (iDiskk) that does not have this flaw and pitched the SanDisk product. Thank you for your help.

mts

Yes, please do not change the original file name when copying to the usb drive. Many people rely on that IMG_xxxx name for their own purpose. For example, I use the number to tell if I am missing a file from the sequence number. If you insist changing the filename is a "nice" feature, please make it an option so the user can pick the behavior. Thank you for listening.