Files eventually stop copying to my SanDisk iXpand v2.0 USB 3.0 Flash Drive 64GB - Please help!

Hi,

I have recently purchased a SanDisk iXpand v2.0 USB 3.0 Flash Drive 64GB and am trying to copy the below files from my iPhone 6 to the Flash Drive.

4231 files (4134 photos, 97 videos)

I see a red status bar moving which eventually stops and it still says Copying 4231 files.

The file copy never completes and after waiting and waiting I eventually have to stop the process due to an almost flat battery.

When I do stop the process I have only copied 2319 files (8.96GB).

The total number of files being copied do not exceed 64GB.

I have also downloaded the latest iXpand App version 4.7 and my iPhone has the latest iOS 11.3 installed.

Please help!

Thanks

Nick

1 Like

do you have icloud photo library turned on? If so the photos may not actually be stored on your phone and would have to be downloaded to copy to the iXpand. You can check settings or in the photos app if you see all photos instead of camera roll it means icloud photo library is turned on. 

hi,

i don’t have icloud photo library turned on and confirmed that already by reading other people posts.

thanks

does it seem to stop at a particular file? there could be an issue with a file that is causing the transfer to hang. 

Also are you using the camera backup or are you using copy files? I would suggest trying both methods and see if there is any difference. 

Hi and thanks for all your help as I’ve tried everything and on another iPhone with same issues.

I’ve now returmed the SanDisk and got a refund of my money.

Thanks again for helping.

this seems to be a common problem, and i still haven’t found a fix for this at ALL online.

this is very disappointing.

i get stuck and now it doesn’t even function at all and just shows the  “iXpand Drive is full operation could not be completed” screen. and the buttons freeze and i have to shut the entire app down and restart.

this seems to be a common problem, and i still haven’t found a fix for this at ALL online. GBWhatsApp

I had this this problem.
My Sandisk stopped copying from my IPad (even though it said the SanDisk still  had 400mb of space still left on it.)

I had 5193 photos and some videos on it.
So I transfered these photos from the SanDisk to another computer…
And deleted them from the SanDisk  to make space.

Now it works again perfectly :slight_smile:

So the answer for me was: My SanDisk was full - so I cleared off some space on it.

I will suggest that you use iTunes or iCloud for backup. It is not easy to move iPhone data to a flash drive.

Hi can you please explain how did you delete the photos from SanDisk to make space? I am also getting the message Drive Full and cannot copy any more photos. I tried deleting the folders from SanDisk when it was attached to Mack. Now no files or folders can be seen in it. Yet it keeps saying Drive is full!

Hi yes,

1. When your SanDisk is plugged into your phone/ipad
  2. and then you open SanDisk app on your phone/ipad
  3. Can you still see any files or folders?

Thank you for your mail.
When the iXpand drive is plugged into iPhone, no files or folders are visible because I have deleted them earlier. I had also emptied the Trash Can, when the drive was plugged into iMac and despite that now the drive is showing “23 GB used out of 64 GB”. Don’t know which are these invisible files and how to delete them from the drive.
Please help if possible.
Thank you once again.

You’re welcome I’m happy to help.
I think it might be because you deleted the folders using your IMac rather than deleting them inside the SanDisk App on your phone.

Have you got all the files 100% copied safe onto your IMac now?

If you have all files copied 100% safe onto your IMac
you could totally erase the SanDisk in “Disk Utility” and start again with it:

1. Plug the SanDisk into your IMac
  2. Open “Disk Utility” on your IMac
  3. Select the SanDisk drive.
  4. Erase the SanDisk selecting “MS-DOS” format
  5. Delete the SanDisk App on your IPhone
  6. Then Reinstall the SanDisk App onto your IPhone ‎SanDisk iXpand™ Drive on the App Store

But only fully erase SanDisk drive, if you are 100% sure you have all your files and folders copied safe on Imac or a Hard drive first.

This says how to erase a SanDisk fully and start over with it. It is just how I described. :+1: How to Format a SandDisk on My Mac | It Still Works

Pity I did not read this post before making the purchase ,struggled with Airdrop continually failing so figured this iXand item would do the trick. Similar issues copies a few and then fails ,start again copies a few more (sometimes less) and so the cycle continues.
7000 photos to copy ,what to do !?