SanDisk Guru

Re: Audio drops from videos when playing USB 3.0 iXpand drive on iPhone 7 and on iPad Air 2

Yes you should be able to convert using MP4 as the encoder in AVC is not likely the same encoder used for the files. If that does not work you can also try AVI or MKV but MP4 should be ok. 

Re: Audio drops from videos when playing USB 3.0 iXpand drive on iPhone 7 and on iPad Air 2

Dr lucky

You are a genius. I converted the files using any video converter and from now on I have not had that issue at all. Thank you so much.  

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

No problem at all. Glad it worked. 

Is there an update now?

SanDisk Guru

i dont think there will be any update for this. the videos are using a very uncommon codec. The work around is to convert the videos. 

I am having the same issue, but can't seem to understand the solution. I am playing a .mp4 file but the audio cuts out after about 5 seconds, if I scroll ahead and try to play the video again as "resuming" the video, the middle audio comes fine and then goes away again.

I am travelling and have no computer, this was going to be my way of watching movies. Is it possible to fix this just using my iPad?
SanDisk Guru

.mp4 is a container. inside the container several different video and audio codecs can be used. this thread the video codec that was being used in the mp4 container was a non standard codec. this was causing the issue. the work around was to convert the file using a different video codec. if you can drop box us a link to one of the files you are having an issue with we can see if you have a similar issue.