Sinfamy

SSD Ultra 120GB New Firmware/ Sleep fix?

Will this SSD receive any Firmware update support?

And is there a fix to the crashing that occurs when resuming from sleep?

SanDisk Guru
Ed_P

Re: SSD Ultra 120GB New Firmware/ Sleep fix?

[ Edited ]

Sleep is a Windows function, and it doesn't work well on desktops.  And sometimes not even well on notebooks/netbooks.  Write to Microsoft and ask them when they are going to fix it..

Ed
scotedo74

I am having the same issue. It never happened with my HDD. 

Fozzie

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem with my Sandisk Ultra 240GB. It seems that all SSD's that based on SandForce controller suffer from this BSOD when waking from sleep mode (some of them just die, like in OCZ case).

I hope that Sandisk is working on a solution with sandforce like all other manufacturers (OCZ, Crosiar, G.Skill ect).

SanDisk Guru
Ed_P

If the problem exists on multiple drives doesn't that seem to indicate that the problem is with the OS?  And I'll bet it's a 64 bit OS to boot.

Ed
Fozzie

[ Edited ]

Yeah, the problem exists in all Sandforce based SSD's. That means that something wrong with SF's controller, and not the OS (It happens with MAC and Linux too). With Crucial (Marvell's controller) and Intel (Intel's controller) SSD's there isn't such a problem (or they already fixed it with FW update). OCZ and Corsiar acknowledge the problem and working with SF on a solution.

What about Sandisk ? We want to know if Sandisk working on a solution too ?

Customers should know. If Sandisk isn't acknowledging the problem and not going to work on a solution, then we should return the drive and get our money back.

Jaems

I just bought a SanDisk Ultra 120GB and I'm having the same issue.

I hope that SanDisk fix this problem ASAP, this is a major problem especially for laptop user. 

Fozzie

Hi Guys,

I emailed Sandisk support about this topic and got a replay that they will see into it. They'll update me as soon as they have news about it.

BKS
BKS

Same issue here.  I had to jump through tons of hoops on my Asus UL20A to get it to work - even with latest BIOS' etc, had to install W7 in IDE mode, then finagle it back to AHPI.  Now, it also has the sleep/BSOD problem...

erikkur

I am having the exact same issue on a fres 120GB Sandisk SSD.  I have a Dell Inspiron 1420 laptop that had a bad drive.  The Old SATA drive never had any sleep/hibernate issues.  Now every time this machine goes to sleep, it BSOD's when waking up.  I have the latest BIOS for the laptop, and am thinking it is a firmware problem with the drive that needs to be fixed.  I have had a Crucial SSD for some time now without issues at all.  

Sandisk, please help!  This is a terrible pain for any user, especially a laptop one.

Erik