UofAZCats

New Install - Doesn't Show

I install a new 120 GB Ultra SSD.  I started my computer and it recognized the drive and loaded the driver.  However once it was complete I couldn't find the drive through the Computer icon on the desktop.  I figured that maybe I needed to Restart to get the Computer to fully recognize it.  While re-booting I checked the Boot menu and it shows up there in the SATA 5 slot.  Not seeing anything amiss I finished the boot sequence.  No issues but still it doesn't show up in the Computer icon window.  I checked and it shows up in the Device Manager under Disk Drives without issue.  I did have it check for a newer driver thinking that might be the issue but after checking it said it had the latest.

I'm at a loss.  I know its working but I can't make use of it.  Any thoughts?

SanDisk Guru
drlucky

Re: New Install - Doesn't Show

is the drive showing up in disk managment? if so is a drive letter assigned? if no drive letter is assigned or if there is a drive letter conflict you may have to reassign a different drive letter. 

here is a knowledgebase article. it is for USB drives but the directions are the same

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8482/kw/drive%20letter

also i am just curious. why would you use an SSD as a secondary drive? you will not see most of the benifeits unless it is your system drive.

taipan

i'm assuming your new sandisk ssd shows up everywhere else but not in my computer because it's not yet initialized/formatted into a workable volume in windows. go into disk management and initialize/format the drive and it'll show up in my computer.

Kdloveday

i am have the same problem. i try to initialize it it says "Devise is not ready"

Kdloveday

its working now, unpluged it and plug it back in and i was able to initialize it :smileyhappy: