SanDisk Ultra+ SSD Manual Firmware update version X2316RL

@zoidberg wrote:

Hi,

I’ve found something I suspect to be a mistake in iso (at least for the SanDisk Ultra+ SSD SDSSDHP-128GB model, I have not checked the others).

there is an argument passed to the kernel (found in menu.lst file) which contains a parameter blocking the firmware upgrade, I think it is related to a serial number, the value is near of my SSD S/N.

I’ve tested the ISO on three differents computers (two laptops and one desktop) without success.

I finally managed to do the update by removing the parameter from the colored boot / grub menu (‘e’ key twice, modify / delete the entry, ‘return’ key and ‘b’ key to boot) 

!!! Note that at this moment the sandisk SSD I want to upgrade was the only SSD/harddrive/whatever-disk connected to my computer, don’t know if it’s important but I prefer to not take any risk !!!

the line to edit is :

kernel /EFI/Boot/vmlinuz quiet splash locale=en.UTF-8 loglevel=2 sandisk.drive=131996401388 sandisk.command=ffu

and the parameter is

sandisk.drive=131996401388

I’ve removed the parameter, booted and I’ve been able to update my SSD easily.

If ever it may help…

This worked for me. Thank you, zoidberg! I’ve no idea how you spotted the option to press “e”, because that screen was just flashing by on my computer - I never had chance to read it!

I deleted the parameter as you say and then it all worked just fine. I’ve just had a look in the Disks utility and it states that the latest firmware is now being used.

I still saw the messages about there being no EFI partitions, but the installer didn’t come to a sudden halt at this point. It continued with the installation of the updated firmware. It only took a second and then the computer turned off. No message about successful installation (which would have been nice!), so that’s why I checked by looking at the Disks utility.

I hope someone at SanDisk will update this iso so that others don’t have the same hassle!