SSD Ultra Plus 256Gb - BSOD on ntoskrnl.exe

Hi,

I’ve just buy a SSD Ultra Plus 256 Gb for my new computer :

Intel i7 4770 on a MSI Z87-G45 Gaming;

Kingston Kit Kit DDR2 2x8Go PC12800;

Cool Master Silent Pro M2 850W as unit power;

Western Digital HDD 2To;

And the SSD Sandisk.

My problem : I get a Blue Screen Error on the ntoskrnl.exe. it’s quite random, I get one when I wanted to change the resolution of my screens, or when I try to update Windows, and so on.

I’ve cleaned the SSD and reinstall Windows twice, My retailer already change the product, and I have the same problem with the second one.

I’ve try to install windows on my HDD and all worked I had no problem during 2 weeks (I was waiting for the second SSD)

So, I’m asking if somone has he same problem and resolved it, i need help.

The next step I will try is to upgrade the SSD firmware but When I see all the people with firmware upgrade issue, I’m little scared.

I wanted to try to upgrade my Bios Firmware to but I’m scare to get a BSOD while upgrading it.

You can see below some report i saved from my first crash, weeks ago.

On Sat 21/09/2013 21:26:33 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092113-66144-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x71F00) 
Bugcheck code: 0xF4 (0x3, 0xFFFFFA800EBD3B30, 0xFFFFFA800EBD3E10, 0xFFFFF80002FCD240)
Error: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. 
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue. 
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. 

On Sat 21/09/2013 21:26:33 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0) 
Bugcheck code: 0xF4 (0x3, 0xFFFFFA800EBD3B30, 0xFFFFFA800EBD3E10, 0xFFFFF80002FCD240)
Bug check description: This indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. 
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue. 
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. 

On Sat 21/09/2013 18:39:08 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092113-5210-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x71F00) 
Bugcheck code: 0xF4 (0x3, 0xFFFFFA800E89DB30, 0xFFFFFA800E89DE10, 0xFFFFF80002BC3240)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System

Thank you for the help you could bring.

From what I could find it seems this issue is driver related. Are you installed in AHCI mode? What SATA driver are you using? Does your MB have an Intel SATA chipset? If so and if you are not using the latest Intel RST SATA driver try updating to the latest Intel RST SATA driver. Also it was suggested to update the BIOS if possible. 

Other than that if you could provide the crash dump it would be helpful. 

I’ve just installed the RST driver.

If it’s better I’ll try the BIOS update.

Thank you for your answer.

By the way, how can I provide you a crash dump ? just in case.

http://windowsforum.com/threads/where-are-dump-files-dmp-saved-after-crash.39784/

Hello,

Since the driver install no more crash !

Thank you !