SANDISK SUPPORT CONFIRM THAT FIRMWARE 10.03.00 IS NOT UPGRADEABLE

Final post on this for me:

Unfortunately, a replacement was not offered, and, really, I’m not prepared to wait  7 - 28 days for replacements.

With a multi-billion $ company such as Sandisk, if they wish to keep their customers, an immediate next-day service to replace and collect should be in order  WHEN THEY ARE IN THE WRONG - something I have experienced with the likes of Amazon - it’s why I go back and place another order with a supplier.

Apologies, I’ve gone a bit over the top on this one, very frustrating initially - why the hell should I have to look for info on a forum when I have just purchased a product - and I’m really pi££ed off that mfr’s think they can treat us like this.

The Samsung Evo’s are going very well - latest firmware out of the box…

"Thank you for contacting SanDisk Technical Support and for your very thorough reply.

Based on the provided information we would like to inform you that the firmware version on your Solid State drives is a pre-version of the current firmware that has been released.  This particular firmware version is not upgradeable; this is why you have not been able to update it.

We would like to point out though that we expect no issues with this firmware version; if you do face any issues please let us know and we will be happy to assist you further.

It’s a shame that Ms. S. S. doesn’t get more support from the Company she works for - I can’t fault her.