New SSD / Fresh Windows 8 stucks after Logo

Hi,

I just bought a SDSSDH2128G.

I installed a fresh copy of Windows 8. Installed my programs and stuff, with several reboots without problem.

Then with the joy of seeing 22s windows boot and speed of the drive, I shutdown the pc.

When I returned and tried to turn it on, everything was fine untill the Windows 8 logo, I don’t even saw the dots circling under the logo, the screen goes blank and monitor shuts down.
If I wait, after 5-10 minutes later computer reboots, same thing happens, reboots and it goes to auto recovery, can’t fix anything.

I then formatted the SSD and again installed a fresh copy of Windows 8. After the first reboot (before personalize screen) I saw the logo and monitor turned off again.

The interesting part is, if I connect my old hdd to another SATA 2 port and  boot Windows 8 from it once, at the next reboot SSD boots up fine  

But next time I try it, the monitor turns off after Windows 8 logo again.

I read somewhere that this could be caused by faulty SSD and TRIM.
I would appreciate any ideas.

My system;
New SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB (SDSSDH2128G Firmware X2306RL)
Old HDD: WD 160GB (WD1600AAJS)
Other HDD: Seagate 1TB (ST31000528AS)
CPU: i5-750
Ram: Kingston HyperX 2x4GB (KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX)
Mo.Bo.: MSI p55-cd53
Graphic Card: Asus Gtx 560 ti DCII Top 1GB (ENGTX560 Ti DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5)
PSU: Corsair TX750
Monitor: Samsung S23A700D

(I couldn’t find anyware to edit the prevous post. I’m sorry for posting another message if there is an edit option somewhere. I can only find delete.)

Edit: After trying one by one, it seems like problem may be caused by the Optical Drive. But I don’t understand why same setup works with the HDD but gets stuck after Windows 8 logo with SSD. :confused:

I’m not sure this is the problem though. Since, first install run normally for several reboots and shutdowns. Problem may still be there just didn’t show up yet…

I have 3 days left for the store to change the SSD without any questions (after that I need to send it for repair which tooks 3 weeks :/) so if you think this is caused by the SSD please tell me now :slight_smile:

I ahve never seen any reports of similar issues. So are you saying the issue is resolved if you disconnect the optical drive?

Yes, at least, for now. Optical drive is disconnected and I have yet to see the problem. I’ll check the system for a few days and then connect the optical driver and make sure it is the problem.

Still, I have no explanation. Why it works with hdd but not with ssd.