Re: "Available Reserve Space" failure(?) on new SanDisk Ultra II 960GB

Hello,

I have purchased two drives, a 960 Ultra II and a 480 Ultra II from Amazon. I got the 960 on Sunday, put it in a usb enclosure, installed dashboard and lo and behold, got the same error. Thought it was strange but thought I would try the cloning software. Worked great but still the error. I got ahold of Sandisk support this morning and they were very nice. Said to request an exchange from Amazon but I pushed and said that there were two forum posts about this same issue and thought it was weird. He then requested a screenshot to look into it further. I am concerned that the 480 GB will have the same issue as well. I will keep the forum posted on what the tech says.

douwei

Hi all,

Just wanted to keep everyone posted. This has been escalated to an L3 Support engineer and to expect something in the next 24-48 hours. 

Doug

Hi

I am also having this exact same issue with two Ultra II drives purchased directly from Amazon.co.uk warehouse (not a reseller).  The first was purchased on 10 February 2016 and second on 4 March 2016.

Both drives have the latest firmware X41100RL and I have the latest Sandisk Dashboard 1.4.1

Dashboard reports both drives have Poor health due to SMART issue 232 Available Reserve Space. Value (Raw) 100, Threshold 4%.

I'm very disappointed to have two drives with the same issue but suspect it is more likely an issue with the Dashboard software.

It also has not helped my confidence in the company, as a first time Sandisk customer, that when I tried to register one of the drives, so that I could request an RMA, the registration failed with the error, "Invalid Product Code for this product".

Hello,

SanDisk support have seen lot of people reporting this issue with SSD Dashboard showing newly purchased Ultra II SSDs have health issues and Available Reserve Space error in SMART. They have already started working on it to produce a fix pretty soon. This issue is related to Dashboard software not calculating the value of some SMART attributes correctly, this will not affect drive's functionality or performance. SMART should come out just fine trying to test it using any other third party tool. They recommend Crystal Disk Info to provide SMART report in the event of encountering any issue before they come up with a fix.

I hope that helps!
Thanks!!!

I got a 480GB last week from Amazon, saw this SMART error, exchanged it for another one and it's the same error. So you are definitely not the only person to do this. I am glad we pushed back on this to get some answers.

Awesome. Thanks for the response and update on this. Glad it's a software issue then.

I do find it strange that not a single representative has chimed in.

[ Edited ]

SanDisk, please make an official statement.

These newbie posts about fixing software are not the way you should treat your customers.

If there is no official response within next couple of days, I am sending the drive back as faulty.

As a prove, I have screenshot from your own diagnostics software.

I need some security... At the moment I cannot rely on your products.

Regards,

mm

Administrator

Thank you for contacting SanDisk, we have noticed your inquiries about SSD Dashboard showing your Ultra II SSD have poor health and Available Reserve Space error in SMART. This is a known issue for us and our development team is working actively on it, a fix will be released soon. This issue is related to Dashboard software not calculating the value of some SMART attributes correctly, this will not affect your drive's functionality or performance, if you have doubts in your drive's statues, we recommend using third party tools like Crystal Disk Info to provide SMART report before we release a fix.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Thank you.

I am looking forward for an early bugfix.

mm

Hello,

I think I figured it out or probably its just me who got it sorted out accidently. Downloaded the Web Camps Training Kit(https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24629) for Windows that includes the following:

• ASP.NET MVC 3
  • jQuery
  • Entity Framework
  • Visual Studio 2010
  • Internet Explorer 9 and HTML5
  • Web Applications
  • WebMatrix

I believe, It updated my .net Framework and which provided the OS what was needed by the SSD dashboard to calculate SMART report for the SSD. Please share the outcome. 

I hope it helps.

Thanks!!!