Accepted Solution

"Available Reserve Space" failure(?) on new SanDisk Ultra II 960GB

Hi,

I just installed a new Windows 10 (64 bit) on a brand new Ultra II SSD.

After installing SanDisk SSD Dashboard 1.4.1 and running Tests it says I have the SSD in bad condition.

The mark is on "Available Reserve Space"

What is wrong, and how can I fix it?

See screenshot.

Regards,

mm

hc_SanDisk SSD Dashboard.png

Re: "Available Reserve Space" failure(?) on new SanDisk Ultra II 960GB

I am having a similar issue to the post above.

This is on a Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit installation.

This is a brand new drive out of the box and it is reporting that the drive health is poor, and that there are smart issues detected. The value displays 100%, so I'm not sure why it is triggering an alert. I tested the drive in HD Sentinel, and it comes up as OK. 

Bug in the software? 

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Same situation here.  Drive is a week old, Windows 10 Home.  SanDisk Ultra II 240GB with 188GB free space. Getting the same error about Available Reserve space and number of spare blocks has reached minimum threshold.  Latest firmware (X41100RL) and dashboard (1.4.1) versions.

[ Edited ]

I have just installed a brand new SanDisk Ultra II 960GB (X41100RL) on slave SATA port and also saw the same message in SanDisk Dashboard.  I am running Windows 10 Pro (64 Bit) on an Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard which has a JMicron JMB363 Serial ATA controller.

Would be useful if someone knows if this is a software bug or a defective drive?

I have the same issue with an Ultra II 480GB delivered yesterday. I thought I would check it out with the Dashboard before I started using it, and was shocked to see it reporting as Poor with the same highlighted issue.

I am at the moment connecting the drive via USB with the intention of copying the Win10 partition from my current HDD.

This issue seems to have only started being reported a few days ago so I wonder if this is a problem with with the drive firmware, the dashboard software, or there is a faulty batch of drives on the market.

I hope we all get a responce from Sandisk very soon 

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

same here. I got the the disc and it seems to work fine but the sandisk tool says "Problem"

Specs: Sandisk Ulltra II 960GB, Firmware X41100RL

Dashboard Version 1.4.1

Problem:

SMART Problem is reported

ID 232. Available Reserve Space Vaule(raw)=100, Threshold = 4% !

Screenshot screen_sandisk.jpg

I have the same situation here. I just purchased a brand new SanDisk Ultra II 240GB and installed SanDisk SSD Dashboard. The S.M.A.R.T. report marks an exclamation point at ID 232, Available Reserve Space and indicates my drive health condition is Poor.

OverallStatus

SMARTStatus

Certainly this surprises me since the SSD is just 2 weeks old and I only have installed Windows and some other software. This problem encourages me to try using a few third-party HDD check tools such as CrystalDiskInfo, HDD Scan, HD Tune. All of them report my SSD is OK, every S.M.A.R.T. attribute is green. Then I used CrystalDiskMark to benchmark the performance. The result is satisfactory as read/write speed is as advertised.

When I come to this forum, I notice many buyers are having the same issue: this and this. So I think this is more likely of Dashboard problem than the SSD itself.

SanDisk, you make me concerned about your product quality. SanDisk SSD Dashboard is a first-party software, nevertheless, it confuses customers, makes inaccurate calculation. Currently the latest version is 1.4.1, release date July 20, 2015 as shown here but you have not fixed it for quite a long time. Unless my SSD is from a batch of manufactured defective drives, you should resolve it ASAP.

Regards.

I have the same sitation. A brand new SandDisk Ultra II 960GB drive, on a Windows 10 Professional 64bit, installation. I have the error that "Available Reserve Space" is at 4% Threshold. I'm hopeful as another user said, that this is an error with the Dashboard and not with the disk.

Thanks,

Same here. I just cloned my old OS to my new ScanDisk Utra II SSD on my PC and get drive health poor + smart issues dectected.

Please help.

SanDisk Senior User

[ Edited ]

I am not trying to say that it isn't happening....

As a reference, as a data drive(s) on W7-64, I am not seeing that happen here, either as a single drive, or in a raid 0 configuration...with 240G or 480G drives.

I believe that it's time SanDisk representative chimes in....