Windows 7 Computer wont recognise Ultra II in USB caddy (Also no Mac support)

I feel completely cheated, I bought a micro card with adapter in a Duty Free at Rio de Janeiro International Airport city where I live, Sandisk ultra 16GB code: 4014DGAOZOEN BL it was sealed and tamped. I kept it away from any electromagnetic source for use later (I’m an engineer and I know how to take care about it). What was my surprise when using it for the first time, I put it in a Sony camera and took dozen photos and when I arrived at my residence, I went to pass the photos to computer nothing appeared on screen both the PC and the laptotp of my Residence such as the PC of the company where I work did not recognize it, I tried to format it, not recognized, then tried to use on both my Android and my Win Phone phones and it was not recognized either. Conclusion, I lost a micro card that cost $ 34.99 at that time. One thing I’m sure: Sandisk Never Again !!! I do not trust it, using other brand I’ve never had troubles. All computers run Win7 Home Premium Edition, the WinPhone runs MS Windows 8.1.