SanDisk Senior User

Re: SanDisk Ultra II® SSD

I again request any other information, 'white papers', etc. that could help clear up this issue....

In other posts, I've used the expression: "Gag Reflex"  when attempting to create a Raid with drives that have dis-simelar firmware., and I stand by that statement....

Two drives of the same model name & number, when used in a Raid array, Should Contain the same Firmware Version

That has been the 'standard' for years and years....

You're: "Don't Worry --- Be  Happy" approach is commendable from a MFG standpoint, but embarrassing from an end user's standpoint, as it creates un-necessary concern based upon 'what is normal'......

I'm hoping to purchase one more pair of SSD's       This time 960G units...   in a month or so... 

What is the chance that that 2x 960's will have identical firmware?????

Please Respond....

SanDisk Guru

these are retail products which do not have BOM control so if you purchase more there will be no guarantee they are the exact same hardware or firmware. 

SanDisk Senior User

[ Edited ]

Sorry for the late reply....

I'd think that with the competative marketplace that exists with hardware manufacturer's today, that no company that makes storage drives would want to intentionally remove themselves for any portion of the storage drive market... 

If I was a shareholder, I'd not want to hear that.... As a manager, saying such would put a target on my back...