SanDisk Ultra II® SSD

So…  If you were in my positon… Would you be comfortable with using these two devices in a Raid O environment?

Video editing is not a write intensive operation… like a database is… you write it in, and then Read it quite often as you revise the video edit, and then when you do write it out, it’s usually to a different drive…  The database is on another drive.

Please, say something that makes me disregard the rules I’ve been following for 20+ years for Raid operation…  Please…

In another thread people have asked which of the two versions of hardware is the fastest…  I hadn’t thought about it… I was still trying to wrap my head around the acceptability of using dissimelar drives in a Raid in the first place…

Please… If there is something you can say that will allay the 20+ year old fear of using drives that are dissimelar – Needing two different firmware versions indicates two different types of hardware… that you have admidted to.  

OK… I understand there are 2 different types of 480Gb drives…  Now please do what you can to  undue 20+ years of rules that I have followed …  

Please… I’m all ears…