Re: SanDisk Ultra II 480 died...

same thing happened to me . I honestly dont care about warranty. but going forward I'll not use SSDs. Too unreliable, we've had 5 SSD drives dies. MTBF figure are all false.  Every SSD seems to die at between  to  years. My belief is Microsoft OS is the problem, pagefiles system and other  background  burns controllers and cells out.   Some place claim they can retore SSD data by:

a) replacing the controller, or

b) replacing the connector.

immediately after getting the drive up back up  copy all data to new drive.

Highlighted
Acd

My ultra 2 960gb died too. It was barely over a year old but I've not really had my pc on much during the year so the ontime and data written woukd still have been low.
Luckily my windows install is on my Samsung 840 evo that's over 2 years old and I have a 1tb hd for storing documents but the ultra 2 was just for steam, origin and other program installs so my pc is still running. Currently waiting on rma and if this replacement fails I just hope it's within the 3 year warranty period....(fingers crossed I get an upgrade lol)

Mine and my brothers 240GB and 120GB have both died this week. Brought at different times, mine is only 3 months old. And we live in sperate towns. Both run the sandisk ultra 2