HELP : I cannot use acronis with my brand new Sandisk Ultra II

I've just bought from amazon.ca a Sandisk Ultra II 960 Gb (SDSSDHII-960G-G25).

In the Sandisk Dashboard, I tried to use Acronis link in the but Acronis said I need a western digital drive to be installed !!

I need to clone my old HDD to this new SSD ASAP.

Did anybody had the same issue ? solved ?

SanDisk Guru

Re: HELP : I cannot use acronis with my brand new Sandisk Ultra II

how are you connecting the ssd to the computer? some SATA to USB cables do not pass the drive info through to the PC so the software cant recognize it as a WD or sandisk ssd. You may want to try a different cable or enclosure. 

If that does not work or if you do not have another contact sandisk support. They may have another solution for you to try. 

SanDisk Senior User

[ Edited ]

Just as a heads up..... I just recently used Acronis 2010 Home version to load an image on a SanDisk Ultra II 960GB, and encountered no problem....

Highlighted

Yea, I had the same issue when I upgraded another system with a WD Blue series SSD....  Acronis would pick up on the drive, install, but when it came time to do that actual cloneing process it load, and then present a message box stating that I didn't have any WD/Sandisk drive installed and direct me to go purchase a full copy of Acronis (it wouldn't run beyond that prompt).  I was using the internal native SATA 3 controller of that system, not another interface (ie: USB).  After several attampts to try and figure out why it wasn't working, I threw in the towel and ended up using AOMEI Backupper (the free edition) to clone the drive I wanted to replace.

SanDisk Senior User

I just returned from an out of town visit where I upgraded 2 different laptops.... to Sandisk Ultra II SSD's..

One had previously had a Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid drive, and other was another mfg (which immediately went into a USB Enclosure for a data use....).....

Both were updated flawlessly with Acronis....

From what you posted, it might be that the Acronis you got was a free copy from a drive mfg, and they may have 'altered' it.... so it only works with their drives.... ?????

Here is how to make it work 

The Sandisk or WD drive must be inside the laptop computer; the old drive can be connected with a usb cable. 

When you connected the Sandisk using a usb cable, the Acronis program sees it as a usb generic drive .... but when it is in the hard drive caddy ( laptop) the system will recognise it as "branded".

Then Acronis will work and do a remarkable job!