As much criticism as I post.... I'm very happy with my SanDisk Ultra II Results....

I’m 5 or 6 SanDisk Ultra II SSDs of differing sizes in use on 3 W7-64 systems… 2 of 3 have AHCI (Dell XPS 1702X and Supermicro Raid controller)  of 3 do not have AHCI (Dell Inspiron 1720, and Supermicro Non-Raid controller)…

The drives, especially the one’s in the Supermicro, have been beaten un-mercifully, and have given me narry a bit of trouble…

I’m retiring (no–moving the Inspiron to my workshop in garage) and replacing it with a HP OMEN T-17… It has one Hybrid HD, and room for one (Now empty) M.2 drive…   I’m considering adding an M.2 if it can become the boot drive…

Based upon my success with Ultra II SSD’s, can anyone tell me if SanDisk makes a M.2 drive for HP OMEN T-17, and can share the history they’ve had with it?

I’ve never had a laptop with M.2, and I’m not sure how you use it… Select Boot order in Bios, and then do a backup (Acronis?) of the SATA HD, then load it onto M.2, so as to boot,  Therefore booting off M.2 and then re-formatting the Hybrid HD as a Data drive?

Thanks for any suggestions…