Adding SSD to HP Probook 450 G3

Hello,

I am tyring to add a Sandisk Ultra II SSD 480 GB to HP Probook.  The laptop currently has a 256 GB.  When I install the new SSD and start up, it is not able to boot up from the exisitng hard drive.  I tried changing the boot sequence and it did not help.  Is there any other way of doing this without having to install Windows on the new SSD?

Thanks!

From the spces I can find online it looks like that laptop only has a single SATA bay. If you replace the HDD with an SSD you will need to do one of 2 things. 

1. Clone your OS to the new SSD before installation

2. Install a clean copy of an OS on the SSD after installation. 

I have spent far too long with this exact same issue trying to use one of these disks for a client who wants to run Windows 7  - on a 450 G3 the Ultra II drive will not show in the boot devices in legacy mode in the BIOS it’s in the UEFI list only.

I assumed it was a BIOS, chipset or HP issue until I put a Samsung 850 EVO into the notebook and it’s visible in both legacy and UEFI. 20 minutes later I’m here and Sandisk I think you have issues with your ultra II firmware with the 450G3.  A smaller 240Gb Ultra II drive also behaves the same.

I think I’ll get my client to return this drive and get a Samsung he needs it working ASAP.  If there’s a reward for the bug please email me :wink:

A deserved reward because it’s taken nigh on 8 hours finding out the highly likely culprit is your firmware! :manmad:

Hi,

I have HP ProBook 450 G3 and I bought SanDisk X400 SSD M.2 2280 256GB for same but during OS installation notebook give below error:

‘Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer’s hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk’s controller is enabled in the computer’s BIOS menu.’

Any suggestions?

try using the diskpart clean command to clear all partitions from the drive. Once that is done see if the installation can be completed. 

I try using the diskpart clean command to clear all partitions from the drive but nothin happend no ahci mode pelase some one help me i tried to add sandisk  plus 120 gb

@gavarnos wrote:

I have spent far too long with this exact same issue trying to use one of these disks for a client who wants to run Windows 7  - on a 450 G3 the Ultra II drive will not show in the boot devices in legacy mode in the BIOS it’s in the UEFI list only.

I assumed it was a BIOS, chipset or HP issue until I put a Samsung 850 EVO into the notebook and it’s visible in both legacy and UEFI. 20 minutes later I’m here and Sandisk I think you have issues with your ultra II firmware with the 450G3.  A smaller 240Gb Ultra II drive also behaves the same.

I think I’ll get my client to return this drive and get a Samsung he needs it working ASAP.  If there’s a reward for the bug please email me :wink:

A deserved reward because it’s taken nigh on 8 hours finding out the highly likely culprit is your firmware!

@golden1 wrote:

Hi,

I have HP ProBook 450 G3 and I bought SanDisk X400 SSD M.2 2280 256GB for same but during OS installation notebook give below error:

‘Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer’s hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk’s controller is enabled in the computer’s BIOS menu.’
https://ovo.fyi/chaturbate/ https://ovo.fyi/xnxx/ https://ovo.fyi/tubegalore/

Any suggestions?

A deserved reward because it’s taken nigh on 8 hours finding out the highly likely culprit is your firmware!