0xc0000005 error

Hello peeps. Ever since I got this ssd installed on my system, I can no longer run almost all my programs that used to be running fine before due to the 0xc0000005 error when trying to open any of them.

My specs are (these are old build):
8GB DDR3 dual channel
Geforce GT 220
ASUS P5G41T-M LX (plugged in to SATA2, no AHCI as this is old mobo)

My bios is updated, as well as all the drivers. I’ve been googling about this and tried almost all the way to fix this, but to no avail. I’ve also done reinstalling my windows 4 times already but still the error occurs after installing my most used applications, such as foobar2000, VLC player, Malwarebytes. And I’ve also done taken the RAM and GPU out of my system and reinstall the programs, still no luck. So it’s definitely not the RAMs nor GPU. I am afraid to do a clean install any further that I might blow the ssd out of its lifespan.

Forgot to mention that I’ve also done a memory test (memtest) overnight and no errors. Could anyone help me regarding this 0xc0000005 error? It’s been a week since I encountered this nightmare

Nvm, I got this problem fixed already

what was the solution? it may help other users.

It was just a malware which messed AppInit_DLLs, ran a scan with Kaspersky and everything went just fine. This simple stuff got me crazy for week lol

1 Like