Showing error and my all family pictures are encrypted in vault

I have bought 32gb sandisk cruzer usb flash drive for family pictures backup.i saw sandisk secure acess ver 2.0 in my usb flash drive.i thought to use it.and i created my back up with that .whenn i want to take my pictures back i have entered password and i hve no knowledge waht to do some how i have taken some of my pictures but some of my pictures i am not able to restore.now whenvere i am entering password it shows folloeing error…

A problem occured during the execution of this application

please click ok to send report or cancle to quit

problem data:

filename:mainwindow.cpp(11205)

function: show Addfilesscreen condition ENCfileSytem::getinstance()->getitemat()

please help me to recover my file

my vault is still there.

i have createdd backup on my pc of vault

but they are in emncrypted form…

do need full

:smiley:   Hi Drviralshah,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

- Please, try the Cruzer in another PC, and see what happens.

- If still bad, then go back to your PC.

_i have createdd backup on my PC of vault…]

Well, then you can recover:

1-   Delete “SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win” old.

2-   Download SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win, and copied to the Cruzer , open, same password, and ready.

3-   The latest version of SanDiskSecureAccessV2 (app portable, free), you can download from here:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399
                                                                                                   http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2413

Take a look at:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-SecureAccess-2-0/Files-and-folder-missing-yet-the-files-still-in-the-vault/td-p/333205

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                             (Google translated)

its not working in other pc also

just i want to ask u that can i format UFD and downlaod again seure acess 2.0 and copy my vault to UFD

is it okor is it work?

:smiley:   Hi Drviralshah,

Yes, it works, with the same password, and [SanDiskSecureAccess Vault] with this exact name.

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                            (Google translated)

I was given a SanDIsk cruiser drive by a relative, and they told me the files were lost.  When I logged into the SecureAccess Vault, it gave some sort of error message like “Unable to access vault”.  All of his files were encrypted .DAT files that could not be accessed.  The SanDisk Vault application showed an empty vault.

About ready to give up, I started poking around and found this file:

SanDisk Secure Access Vault\System Files\USB Flash Drive-A20046839E03E771.idx

It was ZERO BYTES long, which looked suspicious to me.

I also saw this file:

SanDisk Secure Access Vault\System Files\USB Flash Drive-A20046839E03E771.idx.bak

Which appeared to be a backup of the original Index file.

So I did the following:

1. Renamed the original “USB Flash Drive-A20046839E03E771.idx” file to “USB Flash Drive-A20046839E03E771.idx.old”
  2. Renamed the “USB Flash Drive-A20046839E03E771.idx.bak” to “USB Flash Drive-A20046839E03E771.idx”
  3. Restarted the Vault application, logged in again
  4. All the files appeared!

Hopefully this can help someone else with a similar problem.

actully i have recovered photos by help of mail provided by main compny encryptstick.com but still some photos show error lik:

"the file…jpg is invalid and cannot be open or decrypted .it  is either corrupt , been tempered with or belongsto another license.

do you want to delete it from vault"

what should i do?

my many photos are missing…it was photo of my marrige also which was very special day for me.

please do some need full.

@m2pc wrote:

I was given a SanDIsk cruiser drive by a relative, and they told me the files were lost.  When I logged into the SecureAccess Vault, it gave some sort of error message like “Unable to access vault”.  All of his files were encrypted .DAT files that could not be accessed.  The SanDisk Vault application showed an empty vault.

I also saw this file:

SanDisk Secure Access Vault\System Files\USB Flash Drive-A20046839E03E771.idx.bak

So I did the following:

1. Renamed the original “USB Flash Drive-A20046839E03E771.idx” file to “USB Flash Drive-A20046839E03E771.idx.old”
  2. Renamed the “USB Flash Drive-A20046839E03E771.idx.bak” to “USB Flash Drive-A20046839E03E771.idx”

What exactly did you do? Did you have to copy/paste and rename this on the new USB drive? I have the same problem, leftwith a bunch of .dat files which cannot be decrypted. Could you provide me a step-by-step instruction again?

Thanks!

I think the above step-by-step instructions are pretty self-explanatory.

Plus, user m2pc  posted this almost 2 years ago and has not logged in since that time, so it’s unlikely you will get a response from him/her.

@m2pc wrote:

I also saw this file:

So I did the following:

Thanks. It worked. Got my old drive back and decryted all the files! Apparently each drive is secured by its serial number, which requires to decrypt.

Hi, are you still interested in recovering your data or you got rid of your Vault and/or USB Stick?

I can help you save it if you are still interested in recovering your data.