Re: SecureAccess 2.0 error

this software does not work out of the box?  

You buy it, then have to waste two hours trying to get it to work?

I begin to think it better to return it, and forget SanDisk.

Hi,

I have the same issue as Bea. SecureAccess workded very well since I had bought the USB drive in August 2014. About three weeks ago I was no longer able to add files to the SecureAccess vault.

As others have mentioned before I can add files to the USB drive if I do not use SecureAccess.

Thank you for your help.

Sevi

Highlighted

Hi,

I see many people (including myself) facing this problem and apparently, Sandisk's support has not identified its source. So, let me provide you with an explanation that most likely will solve 95% of the issues reported here.

The problem you are facing is very likely related to the limitations of FAT32 formatting. I suspect that the customers facing this problem have many files in folders, subfolders etc. and this is why SanDiskSecureAccess is stopped at some point due to the FAT32 limitations.

What you need to do:

1°) backup all the files from your SanDisk drive (non-encrypted folders, SanDisk softwares and folders) onto antoher disk.

2°) format your SanDisk drive in exFAT, which will remove these limitations. NOTE: you will lose your Vault and all content. Do it only after proper backup. (If you are unsure: just check what exFAT is on Wikipedia for instance, you'll see that I'm recommending here a safe upgrade).
3°) put your content back on the SanDIsk drive.
4°) create a new Vault with SanDiskSecureAccess.

Then, it should work, even if you have many many folders and files.

Thank you, Serendipe!

Your solution works perfect! I was looking in many, many German sites, but could'nt find help for this problem. But now I'm happy! The problem was only FAT32! Thanks a lot!

Kurt

Wouldn't NTFS work as well?  Or is the software locked into the FAT32/exFAT system?  I don't need to have the drive accessible to a Mac computer.

SanDiskSecure Access puts all the files for a vault into a single directory regardless of the directory structure it shows on screen. This can be seen by using File Explorer.

If using FAT32 when you try to put over 13,000 files into a SanDisk Access vault you will get this error.

Possible solution upgrade to a newer file structure (eg exFAT, NTFS)  Create multiple SanDisk Access vaults does not work as the file limit applies across vaults.