SecureAccess 2.0 and El Capitan

I have made contact with Sandisk and sent them the screenshot of the problem and await a response. 

I also spoke with Apple and they could not assist, saying it is a Sandisk issue

Once I know I will post the result on this site

Thanks for that…looking forward to further news…it is really a problem…

Not a problem. 

I received this earlier today and once they let me know I will post it

We have escalated your case for review by an L2 Technician. We will provide a response to you shortly.

Thank you,

SanDisk Global Customer Care

Hi, just received this from Sandisk;

Dear,

Thank you for your kind update.

We would like to inform you that SanDisk has identified a problem running SecureAccess on the new Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan). The issue has been reproduced and reported to our development team. We are working on resolving the problem and hope to resolve this quickly. We will provide notice to you when we have an update available. We apologize for any inconvenience due to this problem. 

We remain at your service for any additional information or assistance.

Best regards,

Sally H.

Hi

Any news about this issue. I have to use the files in the vault folder urgently and I ma getti g really worried  they may have disspeeared, Do you have any progress updates since Monday? 

Thnaks for your help 

Dear 

Thank you very much for your update.

The update for El Capitan is now available. You need to download the latest version of SecureAccess to resolve the issue with El Capitan.

This version works on El Captain.

Please make a backup of the vault before proceeding.

Download the application directly to the drive and double click to unpack and run it.

You should have access to the vault again.

Thank you for your kind cooperation and for allowing us to be of service to you!

Best regards,

Elif C.

I have already installed the El Capitan and did not back up the vault before because there was no way of knowing that the problem occurred . Now the program does not open for the backup to be done before installing SecureAccess 3. And now ?

Same here. I requested help and got the reply below, which is not helpful becasue if I had another Computer with the old operating system to do the backup I wouldn’t have contacted them in the first place. What I think we all need is to be able to acces Vault 2.0 in OS El Capitan

Dear Ignacio,

I would like to inform you that you can download SecureAccess V3.0 in order to be able to use it with your operating system El Capitan.

In order to be able to use our software please follow the steps provided bellow:
-I would advise you to make a backup of your vault files, try to use SecureAccess from another OS and save your files there.
-Download the application directly to the drive (you can download the software from the link bellow)
-Double click in order to unpack and run it

I attach the following links for more information:

After that you should be able to use SecureAccess V.3 and access to the vault

Click here to register your product online.

If you have any other consult please let us know.
We thank you for contacting us and we wish you to have a great day.

Best regards,

Sarah K.

I recently upgraded from Yosemite to El Capitan, when I tried to launch SecureAccess 2.0; I've got an error message that says 'This version of Sandisk secureacess 2.0 requires a SanDisk USB Flash Drive'. 

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Much appreciated

Problem solved :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks to all of you, especially dicook!

Matwien

Can you explain please if the V3.0 allowed you to see the files that were originally in the vault in V3.0? Did you back them up first?or just by installing the newer version they became available? Please elaborate.

I have the same problem…I have upgraded to El Capitan…unfortunately I cannot got back to the previous OS…when I insert my previously functioning SanDisk thumb drive I get the error message,“This version of SanDisk SecureAccess V2.0 requires a SanDisk USB Flash Drive. Please insert one and try again”.  It is inserted but I can’t access the encrpted files.

I have both encrypted and non-encrtyped files on the thumb drive…I can access the non-encrpted files but not the encrypted files that use SecureAccess 2.0.  I an not able to get to the screen that allows me to enter the encryption password.  Please advise if there is a fix and what the steps are to get access to the encrypted files once again.

Thanks…Dan 

Me too.  We need an update to 2.0, since the instructions for 3.0 say we need to access the vault befor upgrade.

I never received any message saying 3.0 existed and now I cannot access my data. Sandisk - you MUST fix this.

Same problem here! 

Sandisk,

Any response to my post of October 14th??..to date I’ve gotten no response along with a number of other users.

At this time I cannot access my encripted files running your 2.0 software…when I down load your new 3.0 version I can no longer open my files as well…this appears due to me loading El Capitan but I cannot got back to the previous OS release.  Please help with a fix to allow your 2.0 applicaiton to access my exisitng files running El Capitan.

1 Like

have you sent them an email? I don’t think anyone reads this…

I got no response…got a “Kudo” but no fix to my on going issue…what’s the email address?

In case anyone still looking for a solution. This V2 version works on el capitano:

http://downloads.sandisk.com/downloads/SanDiskSecureAccessV2_mac.zip

but you should consider migrating to V3

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17504/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDQ2MjE5OTg5L3NpZC9DSW1TaGZBbQ%3D%3D

Has anyone found  a reselution for this issue

That zipped file does not allow installation on either the MacOSX disc with El Capitan or the SanDisk Drive with the version 2.0 Vault.

Any news about this problem?