SanDisk SecureAccess 2.0

file size should not crash your computer. I have tested with several large files, dummy files in capacity up to 10GB and have not seen any issue. Regardless if you do not delete the vault before verifying the files are in fact there on your HDD you will not run any risk of data loss. It seems your experience was not something you will likely run into when copying the data from secure access 1.0 to the computer. 

Once again for appoye, can you try copying the data from secure access 1.0 to the computer then import the data to secure access 2.0 and let us know if you still see the same error. 

Here’s the problem and why my files were lost.  I was able to replicate the Sandisk error and took a screen shot of it but I don’t see a way to attach it or copy into this thread.  It says, “The application can not add more files because the vault’s disk is full.”  I have 14.9 gb free.  Is it possible my files are somewhere else on the disk?  It looks like only the first 20 copied over. 

You are using Mac right? When you delete files from the flash drive on a Mac do you also empty the trash? If not Mac will not actually free the space that was used by the file you deleted. 

Here is what you can try. Make sure the files are copied out of secure access 1.0 and are on your computer HDD. Once that is done open disk utility and erase the USB flash drive. if you ahve single files larger than 4GB make sure you use exFAT for the file system. Once the flash drive is completely empty download and install secure access 2.0 and import the files from your computer HDD to secureaccess 2.0. Once you have verified all files are now in secureaccess 2.0 you can delete them from the computer if you want to. 

Did what you said except I didn’t erase everything on the flash drive.  Just erased Locker 1.0 and the Vault file thinking that would free up the space.  It’s still in my Mac trash so in theory it could be reinstalled on the flash drive.   Tried that and it copied back to the USB flash drive and it looks like My Vault is the right size but it thinks its a new installation.  Poking around the flash drive it looks like the files might be in the Locker.  I counted 23 files but the drive says 24 files.  Interesting, maybe all is not lost but just hiding.

Hello

just downloaded v2 from v1.  now the only way to access the scandisk usb for me to open sandisksecureaccessv2-win.exe in my downloads file. how do i get the exe file onto my drive?

drlucky

its still same.

I tried all the ways. 

1)dragged from v1 to v2

1. copied data from v1 and saved on pc and then moved to v2

2. used add files button in v2

3. tried to copy completely fresh data from my computer to v2

Restarted usb, restarted pc… but the problem didnt solved. Everytime it shows same error which i have mentioned before.

can you try formatting the drive and then reinstall the software?

also what OS and fiule system in on the computer? 

does anybody ever get back to people that send in questions

windows 7

I have spent considerable time with sandisk on v2.0 -while they won’t acknowledge the problem-I’m quite certain you are right - it crashes when you try to add larger files. I will use this with v1.0 and won’t buy anymore of these (like to use several flash drives for backup). the only problem with v1.0 is it runs alot slower . B the way I alos tried encryptstick- it’s worse -at least the trial version…

when you get the error

The application can not add more files because the vault’s disk is full.

check that your file names do not use reserved characters. take a look here for a list of such characters

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filename

do not hit the ok button on the error message, rather drag that error box a little bit and behind it you will see the progress box which shows file name and some other info.  this is the file that is causing the error.  if the file name uses reserved chars, rename the file and try again to put it in the vault. 

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library

Runtime error

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in a unusal way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information."

I get this error each time I tried to encrypt a certain amount of data. These folders were all in V1 but since I “upgraded” I get this frustrating error which limits me using the full capacity of the drive. Basically, it is a 32GB drive and only 9GB is in use…when I try to add the other folder which is 9 GB in total I get the error. When it does occur, even after restarting n o other file regardless of size can be added to the vault since the runtime error appears immediately. I have to save all the data already saved to the drive back to the PC and then delete the Vault. I have done this probably 8 times over the weekend in different sequences…same error. Wasted about 10 hours of my time.  The tech really need to address this error urgently. This is a serious issue. I am using Windows 7 and version 1 worked OK except for the annoying issue of not being able to edit items in the vault directly. URGENT HELP REQUIRED PLEASE.

Let me add that I can copy all the files to the open drive unencryted without issue. The issue is using secure access v2.

Why would it be a filename error when the file was in v1 and being copied into v2?  Looks like you have the same issue with Window and Mac.  You guys need to get this fixed ASAP.  Still pissed I lost all my photos from years.  Like I said in a previous post make sure you have a back up of the back and only drag groups of files at time instead all of them at once.

I get the same problem.  I would like v2 to edit in the drive, but it looks like I will have to return to v1

not only can i not access the new version & no one gets to back to you…maybe everyone is leaving sandisk since no one really needs it anymore with the “cloud”…first goes customer care

I filled my vault with the maximum amount of Gbits and never had any issues. I really feel safe running around with my data.

I have tried every suggestion, including starting from scratch with a formatted drive.  Same problem – it dies when I try to add a larger folder to the vault.  This is simply maddening.  There’s almost 100GB left and it dies with an error message of not enough space.  I really regret buying this product!

do you have a single file in the folder that is larger than 4GB? if so you will need to reformat the drive using exFAT file system. FAT32 file system does not support single files larger than 4GB. 

It’s already formatted in exFAT.  When it halts with that error message,and I view the drive in My Computer, all it shows is ‘exFAT’ – and it shows no unused space.  It doesn’t want to ‘eject’ like a regular USB accessory, so I just shut the machine down, remove the USB drive, and restart.  From there, whe I start the SecureAccess2, it’s seemingly back to normal – but NONE of the files I was trying to move are present.  This software is about as unreliable as it gets, and it uses up gobs of my time.  There just has to be a better solution.