Have never been so frustrated using a product.

I bought a sandisk 32 gig stick to store important business files and banking information. I bought it for the secure access, which I assumed would keep my files safe. Instead, it wasn’t a hacker or malicious software that severed me from my files. It was sandisk itself. One minute I can access my files, the next, sandisk secure access v2 has stopped working. Can’t access my files. So a product I purchased to keep my file safe, kept me from my files. You can’t just randomly deny people from accessing their files, that’s absurd.

I spoke to a represenative and they were very helpful. But neither my business or anyone I know will ever use another sandisk product again. I’m sure I won’t make a difference. End rant.

Just curios here buddy, were you able to get those files back? If yes, what was the fix. And were there steps on how to prevent this issue from happening again?

:smiley:   Hi Tenlua177,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Remember, that there are two softwares, one for Windows and one for Mac.

Compatibility:
SanDiskSecureAccess software is supported by Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Mac OS 10.5 and up.

Use with a Mac requires other software download.

And SanDiskSecureAccess Software you must install in the UFD.

The latest version of SanDiskSecureAccessV2 , you can download (free) from here:  

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399
                                                                                http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2413

1-     Download on the UFD_,_ to SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win , (if you have PC).

Beware 1: If you see thus: SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win.exe, go Tools/Folder Options, tab View, and mark: hide file extensions, and also mark the choices: hide files protected, and not show hide files protected of the system.

2-      Then, you install the program, password, etc. And you will have two files:
2.1-    SanDiskSecureAccessV2_ win , (the application).
2.2-    SanDiskSecureAccess Vault , (which is the folder that contains the encrypted files).
2.3-    If you lose or delete to SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win (2.1), there is no problem, as download other, and ready.
2.4-    But if you lose or delete a SanDiskSecureAccess Vault (2.2), missed all content.
2.5-    If, you can change the name, the application (2.1).
2.6-    Do not you can change the name, the folder/Vault (2.2), because the name is generated by the application (2.1), and if you change it, the       application will not open, and will generate a new Vault.
2.7-   If, you can move on, too, to the application (2.1), a any folder.
2.8-    You can not move the folder/Vault (2.2). You the should leave, it in the root of the UFD because that is where, the application (2.1) the going        “to find”.
2.9-   To extract the file outside from My Vault, in the a folder, select and click right in the file which is inside of My Vault.

In the menu click the left button in to “save file to” and in the new menu choose new folder, and then button to save.

2.10- There is an option (in the toolbar My Vault), _ which generates a Backup _ (for SandiskSecureAccess Vault), to your PC.

And this backup, it works also, if is corrupted or erased the Vault , or is lost your pendrive.
           Ie, it works also, with another pendrive, but with the same password.

Beware 2: Always make, backup content, copy the Vault, clone the UFD, etc., and save everything in “safe place”.

Luck.

Regards, Alfred.                                                             (Google translated)

:smiley:   Hi Tenlua177,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Remember, that there are two softwares, one for Windows and one for Mac.

Compatibility:
SanDiskSecureAccess software is supported by Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Mac OS 10.5 and up.

Use with a Mac requires other software download.

And SanDiskSecureAccess Software you must install in the UFD.

The latest version of SanDiskSecureAccessV2 , you can download (free) from here:  

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399
                                                                                http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2413

1-     Download on the UFD_,_ to SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win , (if you have PC).

Beware 1: If you see thus: SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win.exe, go Tools/Folder Options, tab View, and mark: hide file extensions, and also mark the choices: hide files protected, and not show hide files protected of the system.

2-      Then, you install the program, password, etc. And you will have two files:
2.1-    SanDiskSecureAccessV2_ win , (the application).
2.2-    SanDiskSecureAccess Vault , (which is the folder that contains the encrypted files).
2.3-    If you lose or delete to SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win (2.1), there is no problem, as download other, and ready.
2.4-    But if you lose or delete a SanDiskSecureAccess Vault (2.2), missed all content.
2.5-    If, you can change the name, the application (2.1).
2.6-    Do not you can change the name, the folder/Vault (2.2), because the name is generated by the application (2.1), and if you change it, the application will not open, and will generate a new Vault.
2.7-   If, you can move on, too, to the application (2.1), a any folder.
2.8-    You can not move the folder/Vault (2.2). You the should leave, it in the root of the UFD because that is where, the application (2.1) the going “to find”.
2.9-   To extract the file outside from My Vault, in the a folder, select and click right in the file which is inside of My Vault.

In the menu click the left button in to “save file to” and in the new menu choose new folder, and then button to save.

2.10- There is an option (in the toolbar My Vault), _ which generates a Backup _ (for SandiskSecureAccess Vault), to your PC.

And this backup, it works also, if is corrupted or erased the Vault , or is lost your pendrive.
           Ie, it works also, with another pendrive, but with the same password.

Beware 2: Always make, backup content, copy the Vault, clone the UFD, etc., and save everything in “safe place”.

Luck.

Regards, Alfred.                                                             (Google translated)