Decrypting .dat files

If I  was to lose my USB but still had a backup stored on my computer, would I be able to purchase a new SD card and extract the files? 

Hello,

Secure Access backup does the following: it stores the vault folder with all the dat files and system files to the Appdata folder of your computer in order to be safe. So if you lose your drive or buy a new one and dont want to copy all the files from the previous drive you can restore the backup to the new drive and all the files will be restored to the new drive.

1 Like

So someone who isn’t me would also be able to purchase a SD USB and be able to access them then decrypt them (giving that they have access to my backup) ?

Seems like a simple flaw…

Hello,

Yes if he knows the password to the vault he would be able to load all the files to the new flash drive and open the files there as well. so make sure to keep your password safe and your backups also.

@deponia wrote:

Hello,

Secure Access backup does the following: it stores the vault folder with all the dat files and system files to the Appdata folder of your computer in order to be safe. So if you lose your drive or buy a new one and dont want to copy all the files from the previous drive you can restore the backup to the new drive and all the files will be restored to the new drive.

Hello, wonder if you can help me. I had all my files on a 32GB Extreme 3.0 Secure Access Vault but decided to copy everything and pasted in a new folder on my desktop so that I can use the drive as backup for my computer. I wanted to continue to use Sandisk and its Secure Access feature so I ordered a new 64GB Extreme USB 3.0, when moving everything to the new drive, I’ve also ‘add files’ to the vault but now it wouldn’t open correctly, just strange characters showing. How can I retrieve or ‘decrypt’ my saved files?

Thanks.