Can't retrieve files in Secureaccess

Secureaccess came with the newly purchased memory stick. Set up and initial encryption went with no  glitches but since then as soon as the cursor clicks the file in the vault, secure access crashes. 

Is there a way to restore the encrypted files ? (files transported from another memory stick , so I do not have originals on my HD .). Appreciate any suggestions, thanks in advance…

I’ve got the same problem. Files went into Secureaccess just fine, but when I try to cut or copy the files to put them into another location, the app freezes and nothing happens.

I didn’t expect the Vault to be one-way only; files go in but can never leave.

Help please!

I’m having the same problem.  I use Windows 7 when I’m trying to retrieve my files.

Having the same issue. NO crashing here. It wants me to set up vault again.

exactly same problem i am having. all i can say for newer users of SanDisk is; do not even use this program!!! It’s totally useless.

now i am looking for a solution to save my encrypted files that are tied by secureaccess stuff. 

what to do to get photos?  download them straight from camera? and forget dandisk?

im using windows 7 and also even after input of password sandisk does not adequately download but first two picsbefore screen for password comes up.  then nothing

Please tell me do i need to throw disk away and direct dowmload from camera to windows 7 r is there a better way?

:

:smiley:   Hi c8,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Well, friend, I’m not sure I understand your problem. Please, could you explain again?

1 -  To extract the file outside from My Vault, in a new folder.

2-   Select, and click right in the file, which is inside of My Vault.

3-   In the menu click the left button in to “save file to”.

4 -  In the new menu, choose new folder, and then button to save.

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred. (Google translated)

Had a similar problem when I was trying to drag large files or group of files from Vault to a choosen folder in My Computer listings. Using Cacho’s instructions worked and prevented SecurAccess from going non responsive. So I would suggest you avoid and drag drop situations with groups of information over 1GB or so.

I think we all can forget about SecureAccess 2.0, not even SanDisk Online Support or Global Customer Care could help.

Bought a flash drive on 17-may-2015 and on 18-may-2015, I am locked out of y data. Even with all recommended steps and correct password, there is no way to see my data. All I can confirm is it is encrypted and is still in the vault.

I don’t think I will buy or recommend client to buy any SanDisk Products after this type of incident. I can’t access my Invoices, Quotation, Proposal andclients’ data.

Just a word SORRY and put an end to their support. And we consumer lost our valuable information and lost of potential clients and Invoices with no where to seek help.

What type of support is this?

</Quote>

Thank you very much for your waiting.

Please be informed that if you have clicked “backup” button before, you may try to click “recover” button to get the data back. Moreover, you may try to re-download the Secure Access and put the original Vault (with encrypted data inside this file) inside the USB root directly and then run the software by original password to see if you can get your data back. 

Here is the download link:

SanDisk SecureAccess 2.0 support information and download page:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399/

If the above suggestions cannot help you recover your data, then there is not method to get your data back. We are really sorry for this. SanDisk does not provide data recovery services.

We always remain at your service. Again, we apologize for your lose and thank you very much for your kind understanding and cooperation. 

Best regards,

Vivian W.

SanDisk Global Customer Care

</UnQuote>

Recovery software is an excellent way to backup our files, emails, music, documents and video’s. Day-to -day, Many new versions are available in the market. The work will be very accurate without loss. The benefits of data recovery software can be reaped only if you download or purchase licensing versions from the manufacturer’s website.

best data recovery software

THIS IS EXTREMELY UNWIELDLY.   And completely undocumented in the software.   We expected drag-&-drop capability; apparently that is beyond the capability of your software.

As the subject says, my work is locked in the “Secure Vault”, files needed for completion of a book. I notice many customers have this problem. Please help! Joanne T., New Mexico USA

I don’t think Sandisk gives a **bleep** about our datas…definitely the last time I have bought their product!

Hi, are you still interested in recovering your data or you got rid of your Vault and/or USB Stick?

I can help you save it if you are still interested in recovering your data.