SSD Issues

So over the past few weeks I have been saving up for a new computer case and I finally got one. Yesterday morning I was looking up locations that would swap out my computer parts for cheap online when my computer froze. I didn’t think there was much of an issue so I restarted my computer but I saw this when booting up.

"Reboot and Select proper Boot device

or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

So I looked the issue up and found many solutions, remove power from motherboard for some time, wiggle the SATA cables but nothing works. After researching all the parts in my computer and the issue some more, I began to open up my computer and move some things around. After a good hour of switching out SATA cables from my disk drive, hdd, and SanDisk ssd, nothing changed. No matter what order or configuration my drives were plugged in with my ssd did not appear on my bios boot options. This is bad because my OS is installed to my ssd. There is no issue with my SATA cables, it seems the drive is the problem. Is it a virus? Was the ssd wiped somehow? I have no clue.

Does anyone know the exact cause of this issue or how to solve it? Thank you so much for any help and info that you can give. Link to the ssd is below, thank you.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Solid-State-2-5-Inch-SD7SB6S-256G-1122/dp/B00O4OHBH8

Check if the SSD is detected by BIOS

If not, switch port and host see if it can be detected. 

If the drive is not seen anywhere, it needs to be replaced, the cause of this may vary

If no SATA device can be seen on your PC then it would be a host issue