Should I install it?

I don’t know that I really need this tool.  Will some one tell me if it is worth having.  I see some problems here on this forum.  I like the Sandisk Drives but if the software is not good then I don’t need it.  I think I can find all the performance info I need elsewhere.

Thanks

its the only way to get any FW update. If you are up to date on the FW you dont really need it. 

1 Like

How would I know the firmware version without the Dashboard?  Does Microsoft also provide firmware for a device like this?

Thanks

No, only Sandisk Provides the firmware for this device!

And Yes you Should install it!

1 Like

Thanks, I think this all answers my question now.  Don’t know who to give the “Solution” to here?  It was a joint effort between McHunter and drlucky.

@agentsmith wrote:

Thanks, I think this all answers my question now.  Don’t know who to give the “Solution” to here?  It was a joint effort between McHunter and drlucky.

No problem . . . I added drlucky’s post as a solution as well. Credit where credit is due. :smiley:

Thank you Tapeworm

@agentsmith wrote:

I don’t know that I really need this tool.  Will some one tell me if it is worth having.  I see some problems here on this forum.  I like the Sandisk Drives but if the software is not good then I don’t need it.  I think I can find all the performance info I need elsewhere.

Thanks

If you are up to date on the FW you dont really need it. 

@mchunter wrote:

No, only Sandisk Provides the firmware for this device! 

And Yes you Should install it!

If you are up to date on the FW you dont really need it

And how can he see if his firmware is uptodate without the Tool?

Thanks for the clarification.
I was in two minds to install or not. Thanks for the answer.

essayservice

Thanks for the clarification.
I was in two minds to install or not. Thanks for the answer.

essayservice