Dashbord 2.3.1.0 not finding my SSD

Hello,

after updating from version 1.4.4.4 to 2.3.1.0 Dashboard aborts its start with the Message that no supported Device was found.

My SSD:

Modellzeichenkette: SanDisk SDSSDA240G
Seriennummer: 162734407012
Maximale LBA: 468862128
World Wide Name: 5001B444A40865C7

Mfg. McHunter@gmx.net

In the version 1.4.4.4 it finds it just fine…

My drive is detected by 2.3.1.0 and it looks the same as yours.

2018-05-01 11_32_52-SanDisk SSD Dashboard - 2.3.1.0.png

Hello,

Could the Firmware making the difference, my Firmware is Z32070RL your is Z22000RL.

And my SSD is my Boot Drive as Drive 0, yours an Data Drive on Drive 2…

Hmmmm…

My Board is an ASUS A88X-Pro with AMD A10 7860K an 16 GB Cosair DDR3…

Mfg. Jörg

I saw that the new 2.3.2.4 did not fix your issue and more information was provided.  It seems that you are running with the ports set to IDE in the BIOS, is this correct? Is there a reason that you have this set up this way? What port on the motherboard is your boot device plugged into and how is it set in the motherboard, (IDE, AHCI, or RAID)?  The first 4 can be set up differently than the last 4.  Have you tried switching to the latest Windows drivers for this controller?

I switch the driver in one of my systems to AMD (latest version), it is not the boot device, but the motherboard is the same and and I using a IDE controller.  I had the same results when it was in AHCI mode and under the AMD SATA Controller.

Forum_Help.PNG

1 Like

Hello,

The Ports are set to AHCI in the Bios.

OnChip SATA Type             =  AHCI

SATA Port 5,6, ESATA 7,8, = AHCI

SATA ESP on Port 1           = Disabeld

SATA ESP on Port 2           = Disabeld

SATA ESP on Port 3           = Disabeld

SATA ESP on Port 4           = Disabeld

SATA ESP on Port 5           = Enabled

SATA ESP on Port 6           = Enabled

The SSD is on Port 1 and my Bootdevice.

If I see the picture correctly, then your SSD runs in IDE mode on the AMD PCI IDE Controller Port 0 and not the  AMD SATA Controller.

I only see the AMD PCI IDE Controler when I set Ports to IDE.

I suspect that that Port 5,6, ESATA 7,8 are set to IDE an your SSD is connetetd to SATA port 5 (IDE port 0), Please check and try with these Ports set to AHCI.

Thanks.

I had done the AHCI mode first and did not see the issue, so I switched to IDE so that it would report with the ATA Device in the model string, to see if that would be the issue.  I am also at the latest version of the driver.

Thank you for the information!

Ok, I found the problem.

When updating the driver, the version 1.2.1.402 from 29.03.2015 was always installed (which came with the chipset drivers) instead of the version 1.3.1.276 from 19.03.2015 (which I found after some search on the ASUS page) because the date was newer.

First had to find out how to remove the older version from the windows driver pool.

Now everything works with version 2.3.2.4.

With the driver version 1.2.1.402 the recognition bar runs up to approx. 10%, then the main window appears without the drives were found.

I think the problem is somewhere in the detection routine.

Thank you for the information. I searched on the ASUS website and the driver 1.3.1.276 is the only WQHL certified driver for Windows10.  AMD drivers are very hardware specific and it is best to use the one listed from the motherboard manufacturer site, as they are the ones they tested and had certified.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/A88XPRO/HelpDesk_Download/

1 Like

@mchunter wrote:

Hello,

after updating from version 1.4.4.4 to 2.3.1.0 Dashboard aborts its start with the Message that no supported Device was found.

My SSD:

Modellzeichenkette: SanDisk SDSSDA240G
Seriennummer: 162734407012
Maximale LBA: 468862128
World Wide Name: 5001B444A40865C7

Mfg. McHunter@gmx.net

My Board is an ASUS A88X-Pro with AMD A10 7860K an 16 GB Cosair DDR3…

@aspinler wrote:

I had done the AHCI mode first and did not see the issue, so I switched to IDE so that it would report with the ATA Device in the model string, to see if that would be the issue. FetLife IMVU Canva  I am also at the latest version of the driver.

Thank you for the information!

My Board is an ASUS A88X-Pro with AMD A10 7860K an 16 GB Cosair DDR3

@mchunter wrote:

Ok, I found the problem.

When updating the driver, the version 1.2.1.402 from 29.03.2015 was always installed (which came with the chipset drivers) instead of the version 1.3.1.276 from 19.03.2015 (which I found after some search on the ASUS page) because the date was newer.

First had to find out how to remove the older version from the windows driver pool.

Now everything works with version 2.3.2.4. FetLife IMVU Canva

With the driver version 1.2.1.402 the recognition bar runs up to approx. 10%, then the main window appears without the drives were found.

I think the problem is somewhere in the detection routine.

My Board is an ASUS A88X-Pro with AMD A10 7860K an 16 GB Cosair DDR3

As I have the same Board and CPU here my Solution wich has been working for me:

I have found the Probelm and an Solution.

1. Download the AMD SATA Drivers Version 1.3.1.276 from 19.03.2015 from the ASUS Homepage for the Mainboard

2. Change the SATA Driver to the Microsoft Standard SATA Drivers

3. Remove the OLD AMD SATA Drivers from the windows driver pool ( with DriverStoreExplorer.v0.9.10 or something else)

4. Install the NEW AMD SATA Drivers.

5. Have Fun

When I was updating the driver, the version 1.2.1.402 from 29.03.2015 was always installed (which came with the chipset drivers) instead of the version 1.3.1.276 from 19.03.2015 (which I found after some search on the ASUS page) because the date was newer. First had to find out how to remove the older version from the windows driver pool.