Accepted Solution

Both S.M.A.R.T. diagnostic tests end with status code 3 - What does it mean?

Hi,

I think I did enough research before asking this question and I still didn't find anything.

Both the short and long S.M.A.R.T. diagnostic tests run for around 5 seconds and then give me status codes 3... (In French: "Le S.M.A.R.T. de diagnostic terminé avec le code d'état: 3").

I found a few posts from people asking about other status codes, but I found no list of all the status codes and their meanings anywhere...

What does status code 3 mean? What should I do to be able to complete the tests. I suspect there are bad sectors on the disk, but I can't perform the S.M.A.R.T. test.

Thanks!

SanDisk Guru

Re: Both S.M.A.R.T. diagnostic tests end with status code 3 - What does it mean?

contact sandisk support. with this error the drive will need to be replaced. 

Re: Both S.M.A.R.T. diagnostic tests end with status code 3 - What does it mean?

Hi,

Thanks for answer. The disk was indeed dead, because after a few other tries for long diagnostic, it just wouldn't show anymore in Windows.

Not quite sure it is still warrantied... It's 4 years old... What is the warranty on those? Model is SanDisk Extreme SSD 480GB SDSSDX-480G.

Thanks!

SanDisk Guru

That SSD has a 3 year warranty

https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17225 

Alright, thanks for answers, I appreciate!