Both S.M.A.R.T. diagnostic tests end with status code 3 - What does it mean?

Hi,

I think I did enough research before asking this question and I still didn’t find anything.

Both the short and long S.M.A.R.T. diagnostic tests run for around 5 seconds and then give me status codes 3… (In French: “Le S.M.A.R.T. de diagnostic terminé avec le code d’état: 3”).

I found a few posts from people asking about other status codes, but I found no list of all the status codes and their meanings anywhere…

What does status code 3 mean? What should I do to be able to complete the tests. I suspect there are bad sectors on the disk, but I can’t perform the S.M.A.R.T. test.

Thanks!

contact sandisk support. with this error the drive will need to be replaced. 

Hi,

Thanks for answer. The disk was indeed dead, because after a few other tries for long diagnostic, it just wouldn’t show anymore in Windows.

Not quite sure it is still warrantied… It’s 4 years old… What is the warranty on those? Model is SanDisk Extreme SSD 480GB SDSSDX-480G.

Thanks!

That SSD has a 3 year warranty

https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17225 

Alright, thanks for answers, I appreciate!

Thiese replies are utter nonsense and probably planted by Sandisk. Because Sandisk Dashboard updates are insecure, malware gets in and this causes the assorted error codes observed when running SMART diagnostic tests. If you get an error code and the test stops (mine is Error Code 3 and the test stops after 5 seconds or so) then if you check you’ll find that the problem started after a Sandisk Dashboard update.
Sandisk’s barmy solution is to send the SSD back to them for replacement. Yeah right. Given that there is absolutely nothing wrong with your computer, why would you do that and deprive yourself of your computer (if the SSD is your boot) at Sandisk’s leisure? And what happens to your data on that disk? Ignore the error code and Sandisk. Plonkers.