Ask For Permission And Does Not Start Minimized!

Hi!

Just got my Sandisk Extreme Pro and downloaded this SSD Dashboard.

Three trings that is wrong with it.

1. It does ask for UAC permission on every boot /reboot when “start with windows” is checked.

2. It does NOT start minimized

3. The popup bubble “click this icon to reopen SSD Dashboard” is displayed  sporadically

Possible solution for (1), have SSD Dashboard start as a “Task”  using Windows Task Scheduler that way the user does not get a UAC prompt at boot if you select Run with Highest Privileges

1. It does ask for UAC permission on every boot /reboot when “start with windows” is checked.

The dashboard is accessing some system level info to display the disk config etc. This is why you are prompted to confirm the action by UAC. This is not something that can be changed by the dashboard. The only way you can prevent seeing that UAC message would be to change the UAC notification setting. 

1. It does NOT start minimized

Under the settings options tab there is a setting for start minimized. Do you have this setting checked?

1. The popup bubble “click this icon to reopen SSD Dashboard” is displayed  sporadically

Could you be more specific?

Hi again!

I dont think you understand what am saying. If you instead start SSD Dashboard using a task that you (mening the devs) create in Windows Scheduler where you have an option to run any task (application) with highest privalages therefor removing the need for elevation as it will be elvated when the task is run when you check the option to start at boot. This is something you should know and you have lost my confidence in your ability to write software. I was never asking you to change SSD Dashboard. I gave you (again the dev) the solution to your problem.

Yes ofcource I had checked start minimized…

Dashboard behaves almost the same way on my Windows 10 O/S with the latest update

My Dashboard  asks for permission on every boot.

Mine firsts starts minimized on the on the task bar and then winds up in the tray.

The issue described as  “The popup bubble “click this icon to reopen SSD Dashboard” is displayed  sporadically” is also the case on my computer. It seems to happen often and with out cause. It  is ANNOYING  and makes you not want to have the Dashboard autostart on boot.

The popup It is best compaired to the popup that Windows 10 give when you insert a new USB thumb drive for the first time,  (i.e). “what do you want to do with this drive?”  It is an issue that should be fixed!

markginz,

Thanks for using the Dashboard. Permission is asked by Dashboard because it needs to run with Administrator’s rights. You can disable UAC and you won’t get the question anymore and Dashboard will start silently. The popup should show after few minutes that Dashboard is inactive and is minimized. It should not show after that. Only if you re-open the Dashboard again. I will note to the team that it is anoying and we’ll advise. Thanks for your feedback.

I think many answers here are missing the pont. SanDisk SSD Dashboard didn’t previously do this!

Some change has been made without warning us that the new version did this, in other words, without our consent. This is like NVidia GeForce where it only tells you that the new version requires an online account in order to use it, after you install the new version. However I expect this kind of schmuckery from companies such as them. I don’t expect it from a WD brand.

Why does SSDD do this  now, when it didn’t used to? And is there any way to revert to the user-friendly way we had before, where it put a task in the registry, no UAC on boot, and no information balloon? The information balloon would only be applicable to a first-time user, it shouldn’t appear on every boot.

Windows 7 x64, fully patched, service pack 1

I don’t want to have to remember to start it manually every so often. Can nobody help?

You have probably already found answers, but as I do not see the answer for point number 3 in this thread I thought I would add one for anyone else who comes across this thread later. 

At the moment I know of no workaround for this.

2. It does NOT start minimized

As for number 2 - when I check the minimize button (from Settings and Options from within the Dashboard) it works for me without fail so I cannot help you further there.

3. The popup bubble “click this icon to reopen SSD Dashboard” is displayed  sporadically

As for number 3 - This I can help fix (for Windows 10 anyway).

Go to Windows (Start) - Settings - System - Notifications & Actions. 

On the right side scroll all the way down till you see the individual application listings and then find the one for SanDisk SSD Dashboard and click the slider to the off position. Now the Dashboard will no longer send you notifcations through the Windows 10 Action Center. I also went into the Dashboard and enabled the email alerts feature under settings. That way if something critical were happening to my drive it will send me an email (especially since I have the notifications now turned off). 

I hope this helps.