error message

I installed my sandisk readycache and installed the software. my comuter recognizes the ssd but whenever I try to start the expresscache software I get an error message saying “could not start expresscache service” Please help???

If you open task manager and go to the services tab can you start the expresscache service manually?

Also can you post your PC hardware specs and software configuration?

nope. no matter how I would try to run the software I hear a noise and behind the opening screen would be an error message " could not start expresscache service" and the front screen would have a blue bar contiously running as if the software was trying to load. also there was never a system tray icon, therefore no way to activate software.

Let me just add, THAT, was the initial installation. I uninstalled the drive and the software and now I cannot even get the software to install at all! Now Every time I try to install Expresscache software I get an error "! system has not been rebooted after uninstalling expresscache, reboot the system and start expresscache installation again. setup will now exit OK. 

I have tried everything… 2 different restore points, disabling program compatability assistant, turning off antivirus, malware scan, revo uninstaller, backed up registry and checked it, checked disk management to make sure no partittion on sandisk drive, (it is unallocated). To no avail. (I think I have aged 10 years in the process) Its almost funny cause everything I read about readycache states how easy install in only 3 steps! YEAH RIGHT

The drive itself seems to be ok, windows 7 home 64 has no problem recognizing it and installing drivers for it… my pc is less than 2 months old!!!

HP h9-1150 pavilion elite phoenix 64bit windows 7 home premium

IPMMB-FM (formosa) motherboard z75 chipset

Intel i5 3550 with 16gb corsair vengeance LP ram

nvidia geforce gtx 550ti

Thermaltake 850 watt smart PSU +12v rail 70A semi modular

1TB seagate external HDD usb3.0 

ok Just ran malware scan and removed a couple things and now after more than 48 hours of working on this I was able to get the software to install again BUT I am back to square 1, ERROR message “could not start expresscache servive” and im sorry it is actually a “green” (not blue) progress bar contiously scrolling across the software loading page in the middle of the screen

EXPRESSCACHE

user interface provided by sandisk

caching software provided by condusive technologies

JUST TRIED TO START MANUALLY IN WINDOWS TASK MANAGER

unable to start service                                x

X    the operation could not be completed

access is denied

OK

access denied would generally indicate a permissions issue. just to be sure are you using a user account with administrative rights? Do you ahve any software installed that would prevent a service from being started? 

yes. 

Not that I am aware of, I seriosly doubt it. What kind of software would do that?

Programs like Deep Freeze

nope never heard of it. best buy is sending me a replacement, ill let you know if that one works out 

Hi , i have the same problem as you when i tried to reinstall expresscache. it always says "system has not been rebooted after uninstalling expresscache, reboot the system and start expresscache installation again. setup will now exit ". I have rebooted my computer for 10 times and it still shows up.

Can you help me with this, tks first.

Well I still dont know what was causing my install issues but I recieved a new readycache in the mail and installed it and “same thing” as the first one so I used HP recovery discs I made when I first bought my pc, reset to factory settings and sure enough the software finally worked!!! Kinda strange considering my pc was less than 2 months old. Dont know if it was conflicting with windows, Norton or if it was something I had changed, I guess I will never know. As a positive note I have a Fresh windows install (registry). I had my pc backedup on an external drive but said screw it and never restored that, just starting over. I have noticed some improvements. windows and programs do start faster. Now I can quit stressing over that and play with my new 3 GB 660 ti FTW. Thanks Sandisk for spending so much time with me on the phone trying to resolve this issue, Maybe as time passes they will figure out what kind of conflicts typically arrise with their software and windows 7 and other programs. Thanks again sandisk and god luck to you hubahuba, let me know how it goes…

My Asus is 1 month old, and i searched everywhere on google but there are still nothing about my problem. I also have fresh windows 7 but i don’t have my windows backup, I will ask for support from Sandisk. May be the last thing to do is to reinstall the windows ! Also, thank you.

Hi , so lucky that i found the way to install it. I used Ccleaner to completely delete old file and i can install it now without the nortification. I think it is some old registry or some trash files that prevented me from install Expresscache. Like u , i can stop stressing about it now and enjoy new speed of my computer. :))

I also tried ccleaner but unfortunately that didnt work for me, anyway glad to see you are up and running! NOW IF SANDISK COULD MAKE EXPRESSCACHE COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 8 WE COULD GET OUR UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 8 PRO FOR $15.00 I HAVE DECIDED TO BUILD A GAMING PC NOW AND IT WOULD BE NICE TO TRY WINDOWS 8 OUT ON MY HP SO I KNOW IF IT IS WORTH BUYING FOR MY NEW BUILD OR STICK WITH WINDOWS 7???

I had this same problem then realized I did not have .net framework 4.5 installed.   after installing from microsoft page the error went away

the current version works with Win 8 it is just not WHQL certified. I have EC running on Win 8 so feel free to try it out. 

@ hubahuba

Hello,

I have the same problem you described. I get the message “System has not been rebooted after installing expresscache. Reboot the system and start installation again.” And I cannot install the software.

You mentioned that you used CCleaner and fixed the problem. How exactly did you do that? I’ve tried using the CCleaner “cleaner” function and the “registry cleaner” as well, with no luck.

Thanks

-Kyle