Will ReadyCache have a driver for Windows 10?

ReadyCache was working on my development / test PC under 8 and 8.1 but will not install on Windows 10 Technical Preview.

I tells me I need to upgrade my OS to 7 or later.

I am using ReadyCache on my other PC’s running 7 and 8.1 but will be upgradeing several of them to 10 when it is released.  Do I need to trash these and buy some high capcity conventional SSD’s?

If you are woking on a driver for 10, I would volinteer to test it in the preview and report my finding direct to the Sandisk team.

I’m interested in the reply to this one as I have a couple of machines that have ReadyCache that I will need to udate to Windows 10.

Windows 10 support is planned however we do not have any estimate for a release date at this time. 

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Just got build 10041

Good news!

This is the first build of then that lets me install readycache software.

It does start with 0.07 used and increase the amount used as I read from the HDD.

It does make booting faster after three reboots and seems to work up to a point.

Bad News!

If I let the PC sit unused for an hour or two, then the cache goes back to 0.07 used and the system is very slow untill the cache fills up again. This has happened about once a day since I got it running on 10. Sort of sounds like win 10 might be directly accessing the HDD during some maintenance or update that is performed when the system is idle.

Any help or news from Sandisk would be warmly welcomed.

Meanwhile a few months have passed and the Windows 10 release is coming much closer …

Is there already a Release Date available?

Well now that Windows 10 has been released for a few days, is there ANY update on when the Readycache will work with Windows 10?

I have done an upgrade from Wiundows 8.1 Update 1 to Windows 10 Pro and it has really broken the ReadyCache software / driver. After the upgrade I went to check on ReadyCache as I had switched the caching off while upgrading. What I found was that ExpressCacheApp (1.3.2) was still their but the ExpressCache driver 1.3.112.0 was no longer there. I tried to un-install the ReadyCache software but that failed Error code 1603. I then tried to re-install the ReadyCache software  but that also failed as well as the installation process tries to un-install the ReadyCache software first which I already knew would fail.

I have contacted SanDisk support but I am not confident in them fixing it. I have given them unitl next Friday to fix it and after that I will be lloking at my option to force them o fix it. I am sure there are a lot of unhappy SanDisk customers out their because they implied when I “chatted” with them that they hadn’t really tested the upgrade process - basicall they said Windows only came out two days ago and they are now looking into the issues…

I am not at all happy with them at this moment in time.

Regards

Infinidim

@slotmonsta wrote:

Windows 10 support is planned however we do not have any estimate for a release date at this time. 

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

You wrote the above in January (‎01-30-2015 05:08 PM), surely SanDisk should have developed a driver and software that would work by now for Windows 10? I know that you have to work with Condusiv Technology for part of your software but their products that I have on some of my machines work with no issues at all and didn’t get broken when I did my upgrade. Obviouly you having sorted out the Windows 10 driverst from my previous post about my experience of moving to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 8.1 update 1. Currently your product is not fit for purpose under Windows 10!!!

Regards

Infinidim

I had the exact same thing happen to me, since then I’ve been lurking in this thread hoping for an update.

@cee_jay wrote:

I had the exact same thing happen to me, since then I’ve been lurking in this thread hoping for an update.

I have raised a case with SanDisk on this issue and I surgest that anybody that has this issue does the same.

I have also pointed out under UK and EU law they are very close to this product now being unfit for purpose.

I have also raised this into Microsoft as well - VP level

Hopefully they will sort this out very quickly.

Regards

Infinidim

Same Problem here:

I  upgraded from Win7 to Win10 an Sandisk ReadyCache won’t work. ( 2. August 2015)

Unfortunatley i can’t deinstall the Expresscache Software, caused by an Error(one dataset is missing). Grrr.

When the software for Ready Cache Windows 10 is released?
I have three SSD Cache Ready on three computers with each Windows 10 degrees.

This thread saved me. I was wanting to update to Windows 10. Phew, I’ll stick to Windows 7 until things clear up (if ever) for Windows 10. 

@malachiluke wrote:

This thread saved me. I was wanting to update to Windows 10. Phew, I’ll stick to Windows 7 until things clear up (if ever) for Windows 10. 

It is a shame too because the only problem I’ve run into with Windows 10 is ExpressCache not working.  Besides that my upgrade was pain free…and I did an actual upgrade not a clean install as weird as that sounds.

@cee_jay wrote:

@malachiluke wrote:

It is a shame too because the only problem I’ve run into with Windows 10 is ExpressCache not working.  Besides that my upgrade was pain free…and I did an actual upgrade not a clean install as weird as that sounds.

I have one other issue with Windows 10 which I don’t like is the implementation that they have gone for on OneDrive. It’s made it almost useless current. Microsoft are looking into this and I think they might change it - can’t be certain though.

The ReadyCache issue is really down to SanDisk and nobody else. They didn’t test the upgrade and they didn’t test it working on Windows 10 as far as I can see. Come on SanDisk you have the resorces to fix this so why don’t you?!!?

Regards

Infinidim  ( a not very happy SanDisk customer )

Found a solution!!!

I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post here, but I found a program that works: PrimoCache.

Download program (60 days trial)

Youtube explanation on how to set up (easy!)

The program provides a free 60 days trial. I figure that either Sandisk will come up with a solution by then, or I’ll just buy the program. Heck, I’ll buy the program anyway as a gratitude for the developer!

Today I upgraded my fathers PC from Windows 7-64 to 10, which had been speeded up by the readycache. Despite the upgradeprocess mentioning nothing about the readycache it is not working after the upgrade.

There is no way to (un)install it. I tried erasing files and the registry as directed in a post, but still the procedures complain about an existing newer setup or 1.3.2 not being able to continue.

Should I downgrade and wait for a solution?

After fighting a night and a day I now have readycache installed again. You need this expresscache version: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/sobre-o-expresscache-do-notebook-asus-vivobook/0519b546-a00f-42ae-b809-d8931637beb7?auth=1

Expresscache_Win10_x64.rar

It ended up with the message that I already had a newer version installed.

Then, when it decompresses it says it produces a file called expresscache.msi.

This file can be found somewhere around  %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp{E1E38DF6-5231-4B7C-B798-0708709777BC}. In any case it must be a new directory in this Temp-directory.

If you then start this msi with 
cd %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp{E1E38DF6-5231-4B7C-B798-0708709777BC}

msiexec /i expresscache.msi /Lv* output.txt

You can watch in the log in output.txt whatever remnant is obstructing the install. I succesfully forcefully removed the found GUID with a trial of Revo uninstaller pro 3.1.4.

Now let’s see whether this thing will let itself configure as I already tried the primocache trial on the 32 GB SSD, so it has to be manually reconfigured…

Apart from the lower version, from which the driver didn’t run at first I forced the drivers to reinstall as well:

C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\ExpressCache\excfs\excfs.inf

C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\ExpressCache\excsd\excsd.inf.

Now it tells me Product is not licensed to run on this system.

So it is not really a Sandisk-program at all… Bad luck… However Windows 10 native caching is speeding up, it can find things in the menu-search now…

Luckily the Sandisk 1.3.2 version I already had running on Windows 7 is now progressing further in the install and asks me to restart…