Re: Will ReadyCache have a driver for Windows 10?

Same Problem here:

I  upgraded from Win7 to Win10 an Sandisk ReadyCache won't work. ( 2. August 2015)

Unfortunatley i can't deinstall the Expresscache Software, caused by an Error(one dataset is missing). Grrr.

When the software for Ready Cache Windows 10 is released?
I have three SSD Cache Ready on three computers with each Windows 10 degrees.

This thread saved me. I was wanting to update to Windows 10. Phew, I'll stick to Windows 7 until things clear up (if ever) for Windows 10. 

Malachiluke wrote:

This thread saved me. I was wanting to update to Windows 10. Phew, I'll stick to Windows 7 until things clear up (if ever) for Windows 10. 

It is a shame too because the only problem I've run into with Windows 10 is ExpressCache not working.  Besides that my upgrade was pain free...and I did an actual upgrade not a clean install as weird as that sounds.

SanDisk User

Cee_Jay wrote:

Malachiluke wrote:

It is a shame too because the only problem I've run into with Windows 10 is ExpressCache not working.  Besides that my upgrade was pain free...and I did an actual upgrade not a clean install as weird as that sounds.

I have one other issue with Windows 10 which I don't like is the implementation that they have gone for on OneDrive. It's made it almost useless current. Microsoft are looking into this and I think they might change it - can't be certain though.

The ReadyCache issue is really down to SanDisk and nobody else. They didn't test the upgrade and they didn't test it working on Windows 10 as far as I can see. Come on SanDisk you have the resorces to fix this so why don't you?!!?

Regards

Infinidim  ( a not very happy SanDisk customer )

Spoiler

[ Edited ]

Found a solution!!!

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post here, but I found a program that works: PrimoCache.

Download program (60 days trial)

Youtube explanation on how to set up (easy!)

The program provides a free 60 days trial. I figure that either Sandisk will come up with a solution by then, or I'll just buy the program. Heck, I'll buy the program anyway as a gratitude for the developer!

Today I upgraded my fathers PC from Windows 7-64 to 10, which had been speeded up by the readycache. Despite the upgradeprocess mentioning nothing about the readycache it is not working after the upgrade.

There is no way to (un)install it. I tried erasing files and the registry as directed in a post, but still the procedures complain about an existing newer setup or 1.3.2 not being able to continue.

Should I downgrade and wait for a solution?

After fighting a night and a day I now have readycache installed again. You need this expresscache version: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/sobre-o-expresscache-do-note...

Expresscache_Win10_x64.rar

It ended up with the message that I already had a newer version installed.

Then, when it decompresses it says it produces a file called expresscache.msi.

This file can be found somewhere around  %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp\{E1E38DF6-5231-4B7C-B798-0708709777BC}. In any case it must be a new directory in this Temp-directory.

If you then start this msi with 
cd %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp\{E1E38DF6-5231-4B7C-B798-0708709777BC}

msiexec /i expresscache.msi /Lv* output.txt

You can watch in the log in output.txt whatever remnant is obstructing the install. I succesfully forcefully removed the found GUID with a trial of Revo uninstaller pro 3.1.4.

Now let's see whether this thing will let itself configure as I already tried the primocache trial on the 32 GB SSD, so it has to be manually reconfigured...

Apart from the lower version, from which the driver didn't run at first I forced the drivers to reinstall as well:

C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\ExpressCache\excfs\excfs.inf

C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\ExpressCache\excsd\excsd.inf.

Now it tells me Product is not licensed to run on this system.

So it is not really a Sandisk-program at all... Bad luck... However Windows 10 native caching is speeding up, it can find things in the menu-search now...

Luckily the Sandisk 1.3.2 version I already had running on Windows 7 is now progressing further in the install and asks me to restart...