Used portion cache always 0,07 GB

do you ahve any type of security software or any other software that would try to manage the storage?

My is the office PC, I installed only Microsoft Office 2010, Adobe Creative Suite, Visual Studio Express, and some other “serious” applications. My collegue has a similar PC with similar applications and the ReadyCahce works well. Isn’t there a log file that explains something? Thank you…

I do have very litle software installed and the only security software I have is Zonealarm antivirus + firewall free edition. I have disabled windows firewall and windows defender. I have added exeptions for expresscache.exe and expresscacheapp.exe in zonealarm even tried without any antivirus / firewall installed without success. I do not know of any other software that could interfer. Could it be that the express software does not have the right “permissions” or something. My user account does have admin status.

Its been a month, has the devloper looked into the Bitlocker issue?

bitlocker is suppose to be fixed in the next release. we dont have a date for relese yet though. 

I am in the same boat of a useless ExpressCache installation as I must use BitLocker on my work machine. I am eagerly looking forward to this next release, or even a beta.

-a

So there is any solutions of 0,07 GB problem?

EasyCache is not compatible with GTP volumes (GUID Partition Table).

expresscache should work with GPT partitions. Can you share a little more regarding your comment?

Looks like the 1.1.0 version fixed the Bitlocker issue.

I installed the update to get up to 1.1.0 (1.0.100) version and it appears to be caching with Bitlocker turned on. 

Good news!

I have managed to solve my “no caching” problem. I installed “EaseUS partition master” free edition and converted my dynamic disk to a basic disk and now everything seems to be working as intended. Hope this info helps anyone having the same problem.

1 Like

I just converted my disk to dynamic and can confirm this causes the issue. I also used the same software you mentioned and was able to convert back to basic and caching started to work again. If any others are experiencing this issue try converting your disk to basic and let us know if it works for you. 

1 Like

After about 20 hour of copying important files, formating hard drive, I menaged  to convert my dynamic dysk to basic. “EaseUS partition master” does not help. I have to format drive and install system again and all of software.

But now, ready cache works well. And yes, there is no problem “cache 0,07 GB”, and system works faster, programs open faster. So finally i can see how it works.

Sadly,  it costs to much of me lifetime to repair SanDisk or ReadyCache issue. You should write better software…

So, most important: For all people who have problems with proper working of ReadyCache You must convert yours hard drive from dynamic to basic. For my knowledge, You cant convert it without loosing data if You have system installed on drive You like to convert.

Not sure why EasyUS partition master did not work for you but I tried it myself and it will convert dynamic to basic with absolutely no data loss. 

Hi all,

I was having the EXACT same issue. I am running an AMD Phenom II Hex Core proc, 8gb ram, ASUS mb, fairly vanilla system. No raid as backups are done to an external drive. Product worked great until a few days ago. I thought I found the solution when I saw the post regarding Basic and Dynamic drives. Well, none of my drives were set as Dynamic.

I was going to uninstall/reinstall the software via CP. However, as not all programs have the option, I was pleased to see the “Repair” option. I thought what the hey, and gave it a try. Without even having to reboot (I just opened and closed the same programs a few times, and now the card is working great again. It was an immediate fix.

I hope this helps some others as I was about to start pulling hair out !

It does I just did it to mine and it. you have to right click on the disk and select convert. I was looking for the option somewhere else but its just like in Windows Disk manager.

By this I mean down at the bottom where it displays all your disks you right click on the picture and it will give you the options to covert.

Stopped acronis loading at start up. 

I have disc director and true image installed, stopped acronis loading at startup looks like it fixed the problem.

No that did not work.

Sandisk reply which did not work. In one of the links I did see this.  a. Bad SATA cable or connection.
b. Failing SSD
c. Not enough power in the system - power dips

How likely is it that a poor power supply could be causing the problem.

Thank you for contacting SanDisk Customer Support. You should receive an email response from a SanDisk Customer Support Representative within 2 business days.

You can also check you case history and updates via your “My SanDisk”. http://kb-eu.sandisk.com

Best Regards,
SanDisk Technical Support
The following answers below might help you immediately. (Answers open in a separate window.)
Answer Link: Dual USB Drive not recognized by mobile device
Answer Link: ExpressCache flushes cache on every reboot
Answer Link: Cache has been reset
Answer Link: ReadyCache release notes
Answer Link: Expresscache supported partition types
Answer Link: Formatting an SSD as a secondary drive in Windows using Disk Management

Get a new one, no amount of messsing about will fix it, if you can see the cache fall off, like from 1gb to zero every few minutes it’s faulty.

I bought mine through Amazon so that was easy, dealing with Amazon has some consulations though their support people say they take absolutely no interest in what people say on forums.