Re: Cache reset when waking from sleep or random cache reset please read

Any update on this? There obviously is a problem because myself and others are experiencing it.

SanDisk User

Request for fix - again!

Agreed. Some kind of feedback should be posted, even if it is "we are still looking into it".

well i had no problems on win 7 sp1 but when i switched to win 8 then win 8.1 up1

i had the reset glitch and the 10sec hang...

note i use a old p55ud2 motherboard.

Had another reset yesterday for an unknown reason. Drive wasn't anywhere near full. I sent my details in and it would help if someone posted an update here.

SanDisk Senior User

No idea but I finally got word back from support, my drive has tons of unreadable errors even though it passes their "smart" software scan.  Its a bit funny how they set those thresholds;P

After prodding around the settings for my ReadyCache, I discovered that Windows had set the disk to PIO mode, which obviously has a huge impact on the disk. It'll reduce it to being slower than the main hard disk, and was disabling disk functions that were probably relied upon by ExpressCache.

After forcing DMA mode on the drive, the problems seem to have been fixed. (If you don't understand what this is, then you probably shouldn't risk messign around with it.)

SanDisk User

Creztor:   I believe one of my cache resets MAY have been caused by a Windows Update -- these are a known possible cause of cache resets.   This update was the late April one where Microsoft fixed the security issue that affected Internet Explorer back to version 6, although other issues may have been addressed as well.     Not sure this was the cause as the cache was fairly full at the time.

NWGuy, I think you are most likely correct about the updates. However, I have had "resets" when no updates were applied. It usually takes about 10 - 20 reboots for it to occur. It's not the end of the world, BUT if it could be avoided then it would be good. I only use word processing software, so it doesn't take long to cache that, but it is still just annoying to have it resent every now and then. Again, some kind of word from Sandisk on this would help, especially for those that take the time to submit reports/hardware specs.

SanDisk Senior User

Current behavior from my new replacement drive, no full resets, but it seems like prefer dropping back to ~24GB from time to time.  I'm not sure why because it really doesn't get much past 27GB.