Abnormal error running ExpressCache

I purchased an SSD ReadyCache but I can not use the software ExpressCache as soon as you start to be in error. My PC has ASUS P6X58D Premium motherboard, the SSD is connected to the SATA 6Gb / s Marvell controller (with driver cache mode enabled) and the operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Sp1 with net Framework 4.5 installed and ExpressCache service started,

I attach some screenshots of the problem, how to resolve? I already tried to uninstall the software, delete the volume, reboot, and try again but I always get the same error. thanks

I tried to do a clean boot, disabling all services and startup programs, I redid the installation of ExpressCache after the clean boot but I get the same error! :cry:
In disk management the SSD is seen as a primary partition: is this correct? Could it be that Windows has created a wrong file system on the SSD? If so how can i restore the optimal conditions?

do you have .net framework 4.5 installed?  

Yes I have… And Marvell controller is setted as ahci on BIOS

get help here too

http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/

Just done but no response so far

SanDisk is not open on the weekends I( am sure someone will be with you soon. 

In the mean time the software will require .NET 4.5 as mentioned earlier as well as IE 9 or higher installed. It uses some core components of IE to render the GUI. 

The SSD should also not have a partition on it. It needs to be unpartitioned so EC can format the drive. EC uses a proprietary file system. You should be able to just open disk manager and delete the volume. 

Also make sure the SSD is not showing as a disk number lower than your HDD. I ran into an issue where for some reason the SSD was showing as disk 0 and my HDD was showing as Disk 1. Resolved it by just changing SATA ports. 

DrLucky,

What problems did you run into with Readycache showing as disk 0?

Mine is showing as disk 0 too, and while it does work I have had problems with it, as posted elswhere in this forum.

Just curious if moving it to another sata port would be of benifit.

My SSD has never been formatted and disk management is not any partitions. I just tried to reverse the ports SATA III, I tried to set the Marvell controller both in AHCI mode that IDE mode but still does not work ExpressCache!!
Explorer 9 is installed and working properly, but by “Event Viewer” reads the file that causes the error is “kernellbase.dll” (in c: \ windows \ system32 ) (version 6.1.7601.18015 of 30/11/2012) : from an old restore point I can retrieve the version 6.1.7601.17965: I could try to replace the file and see if it works?
Finally add that now the SSD is seen on the S0 port of the Marvell controller and the HDD on port S1 and the boot is successful (of course after setting the BIOS to boot from the HDD).

@plywood99 wrote:

DrLucky,

What problems did you run into with Readycache showing as disk 0?

Mine is showing as disk 0 too, and while it does work I have had problems with it, as posted elswhere in this forum.

Just curious if moving it to another sata port would be of benifit.

my PC was trying to boot from it. never had a chance to test EC with it. 

i would try replacing the dll if you can.

I tried to replace the DLL, but also with the previous version I encounter the same error.
Sandisk support suggested to move the connector from the Marvell controller to the Intel, controller however it is SATAII and not SATAIII so the SSD would not be (if any) to be fully exploited … You advise me to try? I think the problem is software …

I think I’ve finally found the cause of the malfunction of the software ExpressCache!!
In practice, I had an entry in the registry (probably due to a bug in the upgrade of Adobe Flash Player) that prevented the proper execution of ActiveX components.
To resolve this problem, open the Registry Editor (regedit) and search for the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Internet Settings \ Zones \ and there you will see there du a square (or some other symbol “abnormal”) and then correct the subkeys 0, 1, 2, 3, 4. Simply delete the key with the square or the symbol that has been found and the operation of the ActiveX again be correct!
As soon as I clicked on the item ExpressCache the software is up and running and I was finally allowed to activate it!

glad you found a resolution. if anyone else is having this issue can you try the steps above and let us know if it works for you as well?