SanDisk Extreme SSD Firmware download for MAC and Linux and PC

SanDisk Extreme SSD firmware version R211, Manual ISO download for MAC and Linux and PC

SanDisk has released the ISO firmware images to allow SSD firmware update on operating systems that are not supported by the SanDisk SSD Toolkit. Each capacity drive has a separate Firmware ISO. You MUST use the correct firmware ISO for the capacity SSD you have installed.

WARNING: Applying the wrong firmware ISO to your SSD product will render the drive unusable! Please confirm the capacity of your SSD product before proceeding with the firmware download and update.

Step 1:

Verify the capacity of your SanDisk Extreme SSD and download the corresponding firmware ISO

SanDisk Extreme 60GB SSD
60GB R211 Frimware ISO

SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD

120GB R211 Firmware ISO

SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD
240GB R211 Firmware ISO

SanDisk Extreme 480GB SSD
480GB R211 Firmware ISO

Step 2:

Burn the saved image file to a CD/DVD with another software application then boot from the CD and perform the firmware update.

a.     Restart your computer.
b. For PC and Linux - Make sure the CD/DVD drive is the first device in the boot sequence defined in the BIOS, and restart your computer with the newly created CD/DVD boot disk inserted.  
FOR MAC:   With the firmware disk inserted   Press and hold the “C” key while the computer restarts. 
c.      After restart, your system will boot to the SanDisk Firmware Updater
d.     Select the drive you want to update from the list displayed.
e.      Press ENTER to start the update.
f.      When the update is completed, Press ENTER to shutdown computer.
g.     Remove the boot CD/DVD from the drive and restart computer.
h.     That’s it…finished!

I’m using a MAC.

I burned a couple of disks with the image with the standard disk utility.

When I try to boot from those disks a message appears saying that the disk is not bootable.

I still can’t use my SSD

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2087

this is an image. you need to make sure you are burning it as am image and not a normal data cd. 

I’am using mac too , i can boot on the cd …but i can’t use my bluetooth keyboard or usb keyboard …

It could be isolate with the keyboard alone. Have you tried other keyboard to see if it makes a difference? 

I ve only two other keyboards , an i.r  keyboards with an usb dongle and an old white apple bluetooth keyboards , i am going to try with them , but i think that it wille not work 

The step “g” is incorrect. You must power on a Mac first to eject a disk.