What is the Longterm Data Endurance of the Extreme 120gb?

Ok, I think I can answer your questions.

First of all, to see the drives inside a RAID array, you can use crystaldiskinfo.

Second of all, for the 120gig drive, when the parameter E9 reaches about 330,000 (decimal) NAND gigabytes written, E7 will be at 10 and the drive will have fully used it’s guarenteed NAND cycles. How this translates into host writes depends on your workload and how compressable or random it is. Could be as low as 100TiB Host writes given a difficult workload, or as high as 600TiB given a good workload. You will likely be able to see what your workload is like after examining the drives with crystaldiskinfo … compare E9 to F1 to see how much host writes you have done compared to NAND writes the drive has done.

Once E7 reaches 10, how long the drive lasts after that is anyone’s guess. If you are lucky, you may get double that amount of life out of the drive or more. But once it is at 10, it is basicly on borrowed time.

Third, there is NO performance drop as the drive ages. When it finally dies, based on what endurance testing on the sandforce controller has shown, it will most likely just panic lock and never be accessable again. Like all drives, keep backups and it shouldn’t be a problem.

Forth, MTBF has nothing to do with Lifetime Data Endurance. MTBF is based the overall calculated (not tested) random component failure percentage.  It does not take into account firmware quality or component aging or wearout. In the real world, I would expect several good years of service out of a SSD.