Slow speeds - Please Help

Hi all,

My ssd does not seem to be performing well.

Specs:

Windows 8.1 Pro

Intel i7 930

asus p6x58d-e

achi enabled

ssd is installed on SATA 3

What is going wrong?

Thanks

ATTO

The board you have has 6 SATA 2 and 2 SATA 3 ports so first make sure you are actually in a SATA 3 port. Unfortunately the SATA 3 ports on the MB you have are on a Marvell controller. The marvel chipset is notorious for being slow so that may be the best speed you will see on that MB. 

Looks like you may need to use that instead. The speed isn’t that really bad after all though.

I also have very similar performance results on my 120G drive. My configuration is as follows:

Gigabyte H55M-USB3 main board

Windows 8.1 Pro

Intel Core i7 870 2.93GHz

AHCI is enabled.

SSD is used on 3GB/s port since my motherboard only has these available.

I would like to thank you beforehand for your time and support.

ATTO Benchmark results

that is the max speed you will get out of a 3Gb port. to get the fulkl speed you will need a 6Gb port. 

If I am to upgrade my MB, what should I check other than being 6GB/s speeds? Any particular producer known to be good?

@drlucky wrote:

that is the max speed you will get out of a 3Gb port. to get the fulkl speed you will need a 6Gb port. 

Btw, If it is not too complicated or technical to explain, since 450MB/s is very low compared to 3GB/s. why it is not possible to get full speed on that port?

3Gb is 300 MB/s theoretical speed. reality is more along the lines of 250. the speed you are seeing is normal for a 3Gb post. 

Late to the party but for reference

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-upgrade-sata-3gbps,3469.html

Even 3gbps not that much difference in real world usage.