Sata III connection

I have purchased the sandisk extreme 240. I am having an issue on my dell laptop. Dell cannot or will not help me. The drive is great but my laptop only sees the sata 3 drive for a short time and then it drops back to a sata 2 device. Dell tells me that my laptop doesnt support sata 3 but it has the sandybridge and hm67 chipset. There have been several people on forums who have sata 6 running great. Mine sees sata 6 and I can get the initial speed test at upwards of 580 transfer rate, but then it just drops down to 250. Is there a driver or something that I should look for.

I have the dell xps 14z. I can only get this to halfway recognize the sata 3 after dropping the bios version from A02 to A00. I have found an unlocked A02 version with many more options, but Im not sure what to look for to enable sata 3

just because the chipset technially supports SATA III does not mean that Dell’s implementation does. This could be fimrware related as well. if so you would need an update from Dell. 

I am having the same problem as well with the same laptop.  I first bought a crucial M4 128gb and at first it was on SATA III but then after a couple of days it goes back to SATA II.  Talked to Dell and they decided to replace the motherboard but that didn’t help.  They said I might not have a compatible or defective SSD and I need to talk to the vendor or manufacturer.  I returned it and bought a Samsung 830 128GB, the same model and make that Dell uses in their laptop.  Same problem still exists.  It would go up to SATA III once in a while for a day and go back to SATA II the rest of the time.  I am currently on A03 BIOS.  Talked to Dell and complained and they finally let me depot it.  Although they advised against me sending my laptop to the depot with my SSD in it, I am doing it anyway.  I am sending it back tomorrow so we’ll see if they can figure out the problem.  I am thinking it has something to do with Dell BIOS/software, according to google on other laptop with similar problem, and not the Intel CPU/Mobo or the SSD.  If you’ve figured it out, then let me know.  I am not very confident in the Dell tech.  Took them three weeks and they still don’t know what is going on.

t’s probably a BIOS thing, in which case you’re SOL.  However, you should try the Intel 11.1 drivers (see Page Special) – they work quite well for me on my Thinkpads. Note they didn’t work so well for my daughter’s Toshiba – she ended up back on the 10.5 drivers.

@peace4myheart wrote:

I am having the same problem as well with the same laptop.  I first bought a crucial M4 128gb and at first it was on SATA III but then after a couple of days it goes back to SATA II.  Talked to Dell and they decided to replace the motherboard but that didn’t help.  They said I might not have a compatible or defective SSD and I need to talk to the vendor or manufacturer.  I returned it and bought a Samsung 830 128GB, the same model and make that Dell uses in their laptop.  Same problem still exists.  It would go up to SATA III once in a while for a day and go back to SATA II the rest of the time.  I am currently on A03 BIOS.  Talked to Dell and complained and they finally let me depot it.  Although they advised against me sending my laptop to the depot with my SSD in it, I am doing it anyway.  I am sending it back tomorrow so we’ll see if they can figure out the problem.  I am thinking it has something to do with Dell BIOS/software, according to google on other laptop with similar problem, and not the Intel CPU/Mobo or the SSD.  If you’ve figured it out, then let me know.  I am not very confident in the Dell tech.  Took them three weeks and they still don’t know what is going on.

I also think so.

Watch Lockout Online Free

@riley103 wrote:

I also think so.

A pretty lame excuse to post a spam link! :angry: