Sandisk Extreme 480GB SSD on Macbook Pro 15 inch mid 2012

EDIT: OK, I forgot that you had Lion and you didn’t get a support disc, just a recovery partition on your stock HDD.

I would create a recovery disk on a thumb drive and use it to install onto the new SSD. This is kind of how I installed Mountain Lion onto my 240GB extreme 2 weeks ago.

Directions here:

Get the app here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1433

After getting that setup, use it to boot and then go to disk utility and format and redo the drive with these directions: 

Regarding the GUID partition table: From http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1600

Follow these steps:

1. Back up your important data. Partitioning a hard disk erases all data on the disk.
  2. Open Disk Utility: 
- If you're started from a Mac OS X installation disc, choose  **Disk Utility**  from the  **Utilities**  menu.
- If you're started from your computer's Mac OS X volume, open Disk Utility from the Utilities folder. You can get there by choosing  **Utilities**  from the Finder's  **Go**  menu.
  1. Select the disk you want to partition (that is, the disk you want to install Mac OS X on. The disk contains size and model number of the drive, not “Macintosh HD” or a name you chose.
  2. Click the Partition tab in the Disk Utility window. If the partition tab is not visible, make sure you’ve selected thedisk (not volume) in the left side of the window.

Tip : In Disk Utility, volume names are indented on the left side of the window. Disk names are not indented.
5. Choose the desired number of partitions from the Volume Scheme pop-up menu. It’s OK to choose “1 Partition” if you only want one.
6. Click Options. 

Note:  On some Intel-based Macs, the Options button does not appear under the partition tab. Use the erase tab to erase the disk instead. This will change the partition scheme to the default “GUID Partition Scheme”. You can then use the partition tab to create additional partitions if desired.

1. From the Partition Scheme pop-up menu, choose “GUID Partition Scheme”.
  2. Click OK.
  3. Make any other changes you wish in the Volume Information section, such as partition size(s) or naming.
  4. Click the Partition button to erase your disk and install the new partition scheme.
  5. When partitioning finishes, you should be able to install Mac OS X on the volume. Afterwards, you can restore backed-up data.