Re: SanDisk Extreme SSD Firmware R211m download for for MacBook and MacBook Pros based on NVidia MCP

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

I purchased and installed an SD extreme SSD 240gb for my MacbookPro late 2008, and like many others I experience lagging...

The firmware update seems the solution for my problem, but unfortunately my optical disk is dead, and it does make the update more complicated...

I manage to mount the ISO on a pendrive on another machine, but impossible to boot from it on the MacBook

Anyone knows a solution for FW update from a pendrive?

Thanks in advance

SanDisk Guru

Re: SanDisk Extreme SSD Firmware R211m download for for MacBook and MacBook Pros based on NVidia MCP

probably be easiest to move the SSD to a different PC that has a CDROM or can boot from the USB drive. 

[ Edited ]

Finally, I decided to order a new optical drive for 49$ to make the update of the firmware from my MBP...

The firmware update was easy, i just followed the instructions given on that forum...and my  MBP works flawlessly now! No freezing anymore!!! Smiley Happy

However be aware if you change your optical drive that you could experience a problem with the wireless afterwards...

Indeed, after 30 minutes of normal internet use, my wireless went off, and i recieved the message "No hardware installed"...

I solved the problem by unplugging and replugging the cable of the Camera/Wirless that goes on the top of the optical drive. It can be a bit tricky to reconnect to the motherboard (you can not really make sure that it's plugged in correctly)...

My optical drive on my MBP is dead. I've tried to convert the iso to a dmg and mount it on a USB drive, but Mac Os can't find when booting with Alt pressed. I'm not going to buy an optical drive and burn a CD just for a (much needed) firmware update. What can I do ?

SanDisk Guru

jnak wrote:

My optical drive on my MBP is dead. I've tried to convert the iso to a dmg and mount it on a USB drive, but Mac Os can't find when booting with Alt pressed. I'm not going to buy an optical drive and burn a CD just for a (much needed) firmware update. What can I do ?

move the ssd to a different computer and update from there. 

I honestly dont see the point of not being able to update live through the system. And I dont see the point of updating through cd when the usb option is within the updater itself.
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

the controller in this ssd does not support "Live Update" (Update from within the OS). 

this is the update spicifically for MAC. the SSD toolkit does not work on MAC so that is why there is an ISO for you to put on CD.

Hey guys;

I'm using this firmware in a 60GB Sandisk Extreme SSD (macbook white late 2009).

I want to upgrade it to the SDSSDP-128G-G25. Will this firmware work in this model? I'm afraid to upgrade my SSD and stay locked to 1.5Gb/s on my macbook. I can't seem to find sandisk extreme 120GB anymore, or I would buy it just to be sure that I could use it with my old macbook.

Thanks in advance.

SanDisk Guru

no this FW will not work with any SSD other than the Extreme SSD. 

Amazon still has the Extreme SSD

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-Gb-s2-5-Inch-Solid-SDSSDX-120G-G25/dp/B006EKJCWM/ref=sr_1_3?ie...

lex

I'm planning to buy a SanDisk Extreme II SSD 480GB to replace my HD in a MacBook Pro 5,5 (mid 2009).

Will the SanDisk Extreme II work on my computer with an Negotiated linkspeed of 3Gbps with this firmware?

Or is the SanDisk Extreme II an updated version of the SSD that works on 3Gbps linkspeed on my Mac without this firmware?

Dan