My SSD Hard Disk freezes intermittently.

I have a 480GB (sdssdx480gg25) and it too is freezing intermittently. This never happened when I had a mechanical HDD in the notebook. 

Sometimes it doesn’t freeze at all for weeks, then suddenly for a day or so it freezes every 15-30 minutes. When it freezes the HDD LED lights up and stays on constantly, I can still move the mouse and interact with apps, but as soon as I launch a program or do something else that causes a data read from the SSD, Windows itself then freezes while it waits for the IO read command to complete, the mouse still moves but clicks are totally unresponsive. At this point I force the power off and reboot. Boot speed is fine and everything is great until it freezes again. Rinse and repeat.

I tried setting HIPM and DIPM to active on the current power profile, no luck.

I also tried disabling USB Selective Suspend and PCI Express sleep, no luck.

I ran CHKDSK on the volumes, no errors found.

I have the latest firmware R211.

I’m a PC technician so I know what I’m doing, I can’t think of anything else to try. 

I’ve seen other brands of SSD’s freeze like this on specific hardware but I’m not sure if they had the same controller.

Through trial and error I’m convinced it is a problem or compatibility issue with the SSD.

I will try updating the SATA driver but I doubt it would make any difference. It seems hardware/firmware related. I’ll report back if the SATA driver resolves the problem.

System:

Toshiba Qosmio F60 latest BIOS (non UEFI, SATA Mode=AHCI)

Core i7 (Calpella Series 5 chipset, SATA II)

Win8 pro (fresh install)

nVidia GeForce GT330M w/driver 136.97

Latest BSOD’s since I’ve had the SSD installed which may be related:

0x00000133 NTFS.SYS (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

0x00000133 hal.dll (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

0x0000009F ntoskrnl.exe (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE)

Again, I never ran into these problems when I had the 750GB Hard Disk. Perhaps a Sandisk technician could test the SSD on one of our affected notebook models in an attempt to replicate the problem.