My SSD Hard Disk freezes intermittently.

I too also have the same symptoms you described, the odd thing was that the system was working well for a few weeks with no issue. With no hardware change & minor software changes (program installations), the system started hanging randomly and the computer is no longer usable.

To be more descriptive:

• The system is completely unresponsive during these intermittent hangs.
  • The hangs seem to occur when a disk read/write operation occurs; I’m not quite sure if switching between windows, opening the start menu, & other minor things GUI interactions actually call on the hard drive, but they also intiate a hang that would last several minutes long.
  • The computer does return to a normal working state as long as you don’t initiate any other actions when it becomes frozen.
  • Boot Up & Shut Down are affected greatly, 15-30 min. to do either. Sometimes Boot Up fails completely.

Troubleshooting Steps to Narrow it down to SSD

• Checked and reseated Video Card(s) (SLI); booted up system with both, and one or the other; no resolution.
  • Clean re-install of Windows 7 x64 Ultimate; no resolution, symptoms present immediately upon finish of installation
  • Clean install of Windows 7 x64 Ultimate on 60Gb OCZ Vertex 2 drive; no resolution.
  • Removal of other HDDs (1.5 Tb Seagate; 60Gb OCZ Vertex 2) and clean installation of Windows 7 x64 Ultimate; no resolution
  • Moved Sandisk Extreme SSD 120Gb to other SATA ports; no resolution.

Determining Sandisk Extreme SSD was cause:

• Clean re-install of Windows 7 x64 Ultimate on 60Gb OCZ Vertex 2 without Sandisk Extreme SSD installed; resolved isses: no more hangs, smooth performance.
  • Re-introduced Sandisk Extreme SSD to system; immediately hangs started occurring. Sandisk was clean with no partitions. Able to resolve issues again by removing from system. Was able to again reproduce hanging by re-introducing to system.

I just noticed new firmware update, will update to see if it resolves this issue… any response from Sandisk would be greatly appreciated.

System Specs: i7 975; GTX 590 & 295; Sandisk SSD Extreme 120Gb; OCZ Vertex 2 60Gb; Seagate 1.5Tb; PC Power & Cooling 1200 Watt PSU; 6Gb Corsair DDR3; SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium HD.