Firmware update X21200RL released for SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD

Hi,

Are you going to provide a way to upgrade the firmware from Linux?

Could I get more info on that? Is it supposed to fix the issue that I reported to Sandisk? ref. n. 141105-000501

Thanks

I have the same problem as another user!  I have two drives in Raid O Array for boot drive and the dashboard says firmware available, but no way to download it or create boot disk!!

The options are unavailable.  (New firmware available, but firmware is up to date.)  Also how did we go from 21000RL to 21200RL?

Just a note.

The Dashboard ■■■■■, and why is there not an option to do a manual download and update??

Talked to tech support supposedly an Iso file will be available at some point?  Also the guy says boot into in alternative AHCI mode to update the drive. (When will the firmware be available, week, month, 6 months, year???)

So should I un-install my operating system from the boot drive and re-install to a single drive to install dashboard and update the firmware,  “ridiculous!!!”

Nice support from this company.  Here is a thought how about having software that works or provide the proper updates!!!

I ran into a similar issue updating my SSD. I chose not to shut down after the update and later restarted the computer. I had the same problem. It showed there was an update available but when i checked it said the FW was up to date. It seems the FW update does not take affect after a restart and a full system shut down is required. Have you tried doing a full system shut down then turn the computer back on? 

Not sure if the RAID thing is the issue but as a side note you would not have to uninstall or change your OS to use AHCI is you have the FW udpdate tool  on a USB drive. Since you would be booting into the USB changing the SATA mode should have no affect if you change it back to what it was before before trying to boot back into your RAID. 

Thanks for the ideas, drlucky.  I reboot quite often and still have the same issues I mentioned before.  I tried again just now to make sure.  

I’m still on X21100RL and trying to upgrade to X21200RL but there appear to be no means to do so given the bugs in the software… and unfortunately I am experiencing issues that it seems this firmware is designed to fix.  I also just noticed that the dashboard isn’t recognizing my SanDisk boot SSD at all; just my two RAID 0 drives as “SanDisk Extreme Pro Solid State Drive (RAID)” in the “Select drive” drop down.  So the Dashboard software does appear quite buggy.

I have found no access to manually download the driver and there have been no responses to my post, so I assume it just isn’t possible or support is poor and they are not responding.  Either way I’m not sure if there is any solution to the bugs or the inability to upgrade.

I recently moved to this SanDisk Extreme Pro setup after the favorable performance tests but I wish I had stuck to the Samsung drives I had previously used.  I never had issues with upgrades (had the same setup with 3 older Samsung SSDs) and the support was good.  Since we don’t seem to get any support here, ironically on the support site, I suppose I just live with the issues or swap out to Samsung drives… pretty expensive loss to take but live-and-learn, and educate others.

Thanks again for the efforts to help, though!

I have got same problem as discribe in first post jlsan 

Windows 2012R2

Current FV X211T0RL
Extreme Pro 960GB 

I am posted support issue 5 minuts ago.  [Incident:150209-001337]

I’ll wait 2 business days for answer

@jlsan wrote:

Thanks for the ideas, drlucky.  I reboot quite often and still have the same issues I mentioned before.  I tried again just now to make sure.  

Rebooting does not fully power down the SATA bus and the FW udpate does not take affect until the drive is fully powered down. Have you tried a full system shut down then power the machine back on?

jlsan wrote:

I’m still on X21100RL and trying to upgrade to X21200RL but there appear to be no means to do so given the bugs in the software… and unfortunately I am experiencing issues that it seems this firmware is designed to fix.  I also just noticed that the dashboard isn’t recognizing my SanDisk boot SSD at all; just my two RAID 0 drives as “SanDisk Extreme Pro Solid State Drive (RAID)” in the “Select drive” drop down.  So the Dashboard software does appear quite buggy.

From what I understand RAID is not yet supported in the dashbaord but IIRC it is on the roadmap. 

Still patiently waiting on the firmware update for Linux… you released the Windows update a few weeks ago…

I’m waiting for a Linux firmware update method as well. 

OP updated with FW upgrade ISO download links.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

@slotmonsta wrote:

OP updated with FW upgrade ISO download links.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Thanks, please provide a download link and sha1sum/sha256sum on your website over https in the future.

Hi SanDisk,

I also encounter many problems with FW updater.

I’ve just purchased an SSD and before cloning my HDD on it I noticed a new FW available on dashboard utility. So I tried to apply it on my new SDD.

As the software has indicated I clicked on stop Windows now. But strangely, Windows didn’t stopped but actually restarted… oO

After what problems start to begin. Now, my SSD is in a “Secure Frozen state”. When I retry to update FW, I get a blue screen of Windows which dump memory… I spent my whole weekend trying to resolve things by any ways but it seems Frozen State won’t let go. Bootable USB pen and ISO on DVD did’nt change this neither (“Update failed”, “The selected device is in a Security Frozen State”).

So my questions are the next :

1. May I use may SSD normally and wait for update on Dashboard or FW, or should I send it back to Am… ?

2. Is there a way to permanently get out the Frozen State ? I mean, is my SSD bricked ?

Best regards

Pilak

Chaîne du modèle: SanDisk SDSSDXPS240G
Numéro de série: 150675401230
LBA maximale: 468862128
World Wide Name: 5001B44E2089260E

IIRC security frozen state has to do with Secure erase. The FW should still be able to update. 

What FW version is on your SSD? Can you post screen shots of the Dashboard showing the FW version? 

if the SSD does not have any data on it I would try secure erase. Here is a KB article on the sandisk support site. http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16678/ scroll down to #2 for secure erase instructions. 

Hi Dr. Lucky,

I already proceed the sanitize and the se with bootable USB drive and ISO DVD. The processes were done successfully but I still have my SSD frozen and still can’t update FW.

I contacted support and get back to the forum to tell what to do exactly.

Notice that my motherboad is an old ASUS P5N E SLI.

I’d like to provide you a screenshot but did’nt find yet how to post image in the forum, some help ?

Thanks for reply.

pilak

sanitize does not reset the security frozen state IIRC. In the FAQ i linked in my last post you will notice the secure erase tool asks for the drive to be unplugged and plugged back in to clear the security frozen state. You may want to give that a try and see if the FW can be updated after. 

Hi,

even your ssd is frozen, you will still able to update the firmware.

I have been browsing this thread here many times and google everywhere to find out how to get the firmware update and unable to do so, every time reach 52%, error code 10 appear. Tried the usb drive and burn iso into cd-rom to try update firmware, also failed…

Lastly, i get to read one of the thread here that ssd has to be in ahci mode because i am connecting sata cable, so i just give a try and change my bios default ide to sata mode…then use ssd dashboard to update firmware…and voila…it just pass through smoothly…

So, do give it a try and report back…thanks.

Hi.

I just downloaded the ISO firmwre update image. Is it hybrid? I tried writing it on USB on Linux (using simple dd method), but it’s not booting up. Do I need to dig up a CD for it, or it’s supposed to make a bootable USB?

Thanks.

OK, I ended up getting a blank CD, and writing the image on it. Then it booted (in legacy but not in UEFI mode for some reason), and I found out that SSD firmware was already up to date.

Can you please try making future images hybrid ISOs, so simply using dd would make a bootable USB from them? Using CDs is so obsolete…

I get “This operation failed with error code: 10” when I try to update.

What should I do?

1 Like

ฉันได้รับ “การดำเนินการนี้ล้มเหลวด้วยรหัสข้อผิดพลาด: 10” เมื่อฉันพยายามอัปเดต

ฉันควรทำอย่างไร?

same here.

Chris