Slow to wake from sleep

Hi,

I recently bought a sandisk extreme ii 480gb. Did a fresh install of windows 7 home premium. Enabled ahci before that in bios. I'm using a Samsung np350u2b. I have 8gb ram. 

My problem is that the SSD takes about 20-30 seconds to wake up from sleep state. That's almost the same time as booting up. I hae disabled hibernate and hybrid sleep modes. I have increased the pagefile to 12000+mb. Can someone help me with this issue? I used to be able to wake up in 3 secs with a regular HD using hybrid sleep. 

Thanks!

Re: Slow to wake from sleep

I want to add that the hdd/ssd light stays on for the entire 20-30 secs and only after it starts blinking, then I can work as per normal. 

SanDisk Guru

Try disabling HIPM. The link below shows instruction for enabling and disabling 

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/177819-ahci-link-power-management-enable-hipm-dipm.html

I do not have HIPM option. Does this mean that I do not have it enabled? If so, should I enable it?

SanDisk Guru

yes be default the option is hidden. you will ahve to enable it. instruction are in the link i provided earlier. 

I enabled it and then set it to active (to disable HIPM) but there's still a delayed wake. I mean, I can move my cursor and sometimes scroll thru tabs on chrome. But I cannot load any programs while the hard disk light is on. Then after 20 or so seconds, the windows chime sounds and the hard disk lights blink and then it goes back to normal.

One more clue is, the color management settings somehow is set to default everytime I boot up or wake from sleep and then applies itself after the windows chimes sounds. The color management is configured by intel because I couldn't set it to apply everytime by windows. This is strange because I could always apply it automatically before on my regular HD. 

Any advice? 

SanDisk Guru

what SATA driver are you using? I would check to see if the motherboard has any updated drivers. 

I've checked all versions and I believe mine is the latest one. Is there a way to check how much is stored on ram during sleep? 

Interesting - I'm having similar problems, but on a Macbook Pro (MacBookPro8,2, OS X 10.9.1). I'm on the latest firmware (R1311).

When I wake from sleep, I can move the mouse, but that's about it. I have a password enabled, and OS X blocks me from putting it in for a good 10 seconds. I'm not seeing anything in the system logs, but I didn't have this problem with my old SSD.

When I'm next home I'm going to disable my screensaver password and see if I can pick up on anything during the freeze.

I'm having this same issue on a MacBook Pro 8,2 (Early 2011. OSX 10.9.1).  I recently switched from the OWC Extreme Pro 240 GB to the SanDisk Extreme II 480GB.  The OWC never experienced this slow to wake issue, and it still doesn't (moved it to my older macbook pro when I replaced it).  I've contacted SanDisk support and they have refused to try and troubleshoot the issue but instead keep pointing me to articles that aren't related to the actual problem.  I'm curious if any one here has found a solution yet? 

What stinks is that after the 20-30 second delay when waking from sleep, it works great.  I need the extra disk space and I like the speed of the drive all other times, just frustrated that it takes so long to wake from sleep.  The OWC was lightning fast.

Thanks.