Slow to wake from sleep

So just purchased another SanDisk EX II, a 240GB version this time. It’s a great SSD, considered one of the top three “Hyper Class” SSDs by TweakTown, in several reviews they have done on the full line of Extreme IIs.

This EX II will have Windows 7 installed on it, in a standard BIOS/Legacy booting installation. I’ll then see if the wake from Sleep issue is seen on this PC, which is entirely different than my other PC using a 480GB EX II, including the OS, mother board, CPU, and chipset/SATA controller.

For the record, SanDisk products have never given me any significant issues, and I know SanDisk is not just a company that markets “me too” SSDs, they are among the largest producers of NAND chips with their partner, Toshiba. One of the company’s founders is the inventor or co-inventor of NAND flash memory. Since the EX II uses the Marvell 9187 SSD controller, SanDisk must provide the firmware for the controller. If SanDisk is not able to reproduce the issue in their testing, it would be nice to know that, so we can move on to identify the source of this issue.