SanDisk Extreme® II SSD

Blaze through your day and stay ahead of deadlines while extending the life of your PC with the SanDisk Extreme II Solid State Drive (SSD). With a simple upgrade to your laptop or desktop, this SSD will increase the speed and responsiveness of your computer, providing a significant improvement to your user experience.

• Exceptional read/write speeds for enhanced multimedia performance
  • Available in capacities up to 480GB**
  • Solid-state architecture resists wear and data corruption
  • Quiet operation
  • Low power consumption**

Overview

Exceptional Speeds for Enhanced Performance

Featuring SanDisk’s cutting-edge solid-state architecture, the SanDisk Extreme II SSD can achieve sequential read speeds of up to 550MB/s**. It can also provide quick file transfers during video editing and data backup, thanks to the exceptional 510MB/s sequential write speed; and it delivers random read/write speeds of up to 95K/78K input/output operations per second (IOPS), enabling quicker data access. Your computer will boot up in seconds, load programs quickly, and blow through the most demanding next-gen games.

Smoother Gaming Experiences and Faster Multimedia Play

The SanDisk Extreme II SSD provides hiccup-free, smooth gaming with faster loading and quicker multimedia playback. Videos, programs, and anything else stored on the SSD will load faster, saving time and increasing productivity.

Reliable Design Extends Your Computer’s Lifecycle

Unlike traditional hard disk drives (HDDs), the SanDisk Extreme II SSD has no moving parts, minimizing physical wear and tear. The drive is rated at 2.0M hours mean time before failure (MTBF)**.The SanDisk Extreme II SSD is designed to withstand shock and vibration giving it an additional layer of protection.

Low Power Consumption for Quiet and Cool Operation

The SanDisk Extreme II SSD uses much less energy than a traditional HDD**, placing less of a burden on your computer’s power supply and cooling system. This SSD also runs more quietly than a hard drive, reducing your computer’s total noise output.

Generous Storage Space

Available in capacities of up to 480GB, the SanDisk Extreme II SSD has enough room to store your entire collection of games and programs. It also provides plenty of space for backing up important personal data, such as photos, videos, and scanned documents.

Compatibility and Warranty

The SanDisk Extreme II Solid State Drive is compatible with SATA 6Gb/s motherboards and is backward compatible with SATA 3Gb/s and SATA 1.5Gb/s. It is backed by a five-year limited warranty**.

Specifacation  

• Available capacities:  120 GB, 240 GB and 480 GB**
  • Dimensions:  2.75 x 3.96 x 0.28 in. (69.85mm x 100.5mm x 7.0 mm)
  • Operating temperature:  32ºF to 158ºF (0ºC to 70 ºC)
  • Storage temperature:  -67ºF to 185ºF (-55ºC to 85ºC)
  • Interface:  SATA Revision 3.0 (6 Gbit/s)
  • Shock:  Resistant up to 1500 G @ 0.5 m/sec
  • Vibration (Operating/Non-operating) : 5 gRMS, 10-2000 HZ / 4.9 gRMS, 7-800 HZ
  • Power Consumption (active): 0.22w
  • Support:  Five-year limited warranty in the US; five-year warranty elsewhere
    120 GB 240 GB 480 GB
Performance** Seq. Read (up to) 550 MB/s 550 MB/s 545 MB/s
  Seq. Write (up to) 340 MB/s 510 MB/s 500 MB/s
  Rnd. Read (up to) 91K IOPS 95K IOPS 95K IOPS
  Rnd. Write (up to) 74K IOPS 78K IOPS 75K IOPS
MTBF** Telcordia, Stress Part 2.0M hours 2.0M hours 2.0M hours

Product Numbers

SanDisk Extreme II Solid State Drive for Notebooks
Americas/Asia-Pacific/Latin America/Middle East and Africa
China
SDSSDXP-120G-G25 – 120GB SDSSDXP-120G-Z25 – 120GB
SDSSDXP-240G-G25 – 240GB SDSSDXP-240G-Z25 – 240GB
SDSSDXP-480G-G25 – 480GB SDSSDXP-480G-Z25 – 480GB
Canada
Australia
SDSSDXP-120G-C25 – 120GB SDSSDXP-120G-Q25 – 120GB
SDSSDXP-240G-C25 – 240GB SDSSDXP-240G-Q25 – 240GB
SDSSDXP-480G-C25 – 480GB SDSSDXP-480G-Q25 – 480GB
SanDisk Extreme II Solid State Drive for Desktops
China
Australia
SDSSDXP-120G-Z26 – 120GB SDSSDXP-120G-Q26 – 120GB
SDSSDXP-240G-Z26 – 240GB SDSSDXP-240G-Q26 – 240GB
SDSSDXP-480G-Z26 – 480GB SDSSDXP-480G-Q26 – 480GB
Canada

SDSSDXP-120G-C26 – 120GB  
SDSSDXP-240G-C26 – 240GB  
SDSSDXP-480G-C26 – 480GB

All well described and not a bit off key with actuality.  HOWEVER:  I installed the Extreme II 240 in my MBP 2012 and was very disappointed that the built in garbage collection does its job while the computer is supposed to be sleeping, thereby decreasing battery life drastically.  I wish they would have left that job to a third party software group such as Trim Enabler to do the task on Apple computers.  If anybody knows of any way to make garbage collection work whilst I’m working and not whilst the computer is supposed to be sleeping and saving battery, PLEASE: let me know.

Here are the specs of my computer for reference sake: 13" MBP June 2012, OSX 10.8.4, 8GB RAM, 240GB Extreme II SSD.

I didn’t do so well on writing this the first time.  Lets try this again:

All well described but I don’t totally agree with all of the following:

@slotmonsta wrote:

The SanDisk Extreme II SSD uses much less energy than a traditional HDD**, placing less of a burden on your computer’s power supply and cooling system. This SSD also runs more quietly than a hard drive, reducing your computer’s total noise output.

It is quiet, it is cooler, but on a MBP 2012, its overall power consuption is more than a regular HDD because, while it’s supposed to be sleeping, it’s collecting garbage.  I explain further:

I installed the Extreme II 240 in my MBP 2012 and was very disappointed that the built in garbage collection does its job while the computer is supposed to be sleeping, thereby decreasing battery life drastically.  I can pretty well confirm that this is the case, because I called Sandisk’s Tech Support and he explained to me how and when the garbage collection takes place.  One such case in which I really noticed the battery life decrease is when my computer had 30% battery left when I closed the lid without shutting it off.  The next morning it was at 0% and off.  :(  I wish Sandisk would have left the job of collecting garbage to a third party software developer such as Trim Enabler to enable the task on Apple computers.  If anybody knows of any way to make garbage collection work while I’m working and not while the computer is supposed to be sleeping and saving battery, PLEASE: let me know.  If I can’t get recommendations soon, I will have to part ways with this SSD. :frowning:

Here are the specs of my computer for reference sake:

13" MBP June 2012

OSX 10.8.4

8GB RAM

240GB Sandisk Extreme II SSD

All well described but I don’t totally agree with all of the following:

@slotmonsta wrote:

It is quiet, it is cooler, but on a MBP 2012, its overall power consuption is more than a regular HDD because, while it’s supposed to be sleeping, it’s collecting garbage.  I explain further:

I installed the Extreme II 240 in my MBP 2012 and was very disappointed that the built in garbage collection does its job while the computer is supposed to be sleeping, thereby decreasing battery life drastically.  I can pretty well confirm that this is the case, because I called Sandisk’s Tech Support and he explained to me how and when the garbage collection takes place.  One such case in which I really noticed the battery life decrease is when my computer had 30% battery left when I closed the lid without shutting it off.  The next morning it was at 0% and off.     I wish Sandisk would have left the job of collecting garbage to a third party software developer such as Trim Enabler to enable the task on Apple computers.  If anybody knows of any way to make garbage collection work while I’m working and not while the computer is supposed to be sleeping and saving battery, PLEASE: let me know.  If I can’t get recommendations soon, I will have to part ways with this SSD. 

Here are the specs of my computer for reference sake:

13" MBP June 2012

OSX 10.8.4

8GB RAM

240GB Sandisk Extreme II SSD

Garbage collection happens when the SSD is in an idle state not a sleep state. If the SSD is in sleep it will not pull any power. Garbage collection is transparent to the user so I am not sure how you would verify this is taking place at all. Additionally if you have enabled TRIM garbage collection will never really run because TRIM take care of that in real time. 

You may have some other issue going on but I do not think it would be related to garbage collection. 

1 Like

Sorry, I should do more testing before I jump to conclusions.  I was mixing up idling and sleeping when talking to the tech support. My battery life has been decent as of late.  Sorry to those that I may have turned off for the possibility of buying one of these SSDs. Can I somehow delete my other post so as to not lead others astray?  

Also: Would you recommend that I enable TRIM anyway?

To conclude: overall I would recommend Sandisk’s SSD.  Thanks for the correction, drlucky.

You can only edit or delete a post for a certain period of time after it is posted. I just checked my post from yesterday and I can’t edit or delete it so looks like your post will be there to stay but no worries we have set the record straight so to speak :wink:

Yes I would suggest enabling TRIM. I have had this done since I put an SSD in my MAC and I have had no issues whatsoever. 

Id like to purchase this ssd drive to update my pc as i will be installing Windows 7 x64 bit fresh my older 2009 pc

. it’s a Dell Inspiron 530 which only had a 3 Mb/s controller(i think SATA 2???).

i know this ssd is tagged at 6mb/s so is it backwards compatible with 3mb/s? Will this still work?

i want to install the OS on the ssd and use a regular hdd for my drive. i don’t think my bios has support for trim but still want to get faster not times.

please help.

my motherboard is a Dell / Foxconn  G679R G33 chipset board (Intel LGA775) if that matters.

i know the Dell site shows an SSD drive as  Possible upgrade part for the Inspiron 530 as an accessory part on their website but not sure what the max specs this PC can take.

thanks for the help.

salsaguy

What SATA chipset is on the MB? there are some issues with older Nvidia chipsets. If you have some other SATA chipset you should be fine. 

Same problem. Really anoying.

Not only this problem, I found that my ssd also make noise especially when I download something. It is really weird that why my SSD drive produce sound just like HDD drive.

HOPE THERE WILL BE SOME FIRMWIRE UPDATE SOON!

Does anyone else have the same problem?